Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
polyhexamethyl

Re: Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

Post by polyhexamethyl »

maybe the pivot marking is an indicator, if there 'd be fakes i assume the marking would be the same on every knife?
could someone chime in and tell me when the blurple millie batches where made?
AndrewM

Post by AndrewM »

polyhexamethyl wrote:hey guys,

i'm about to pick up a spyderco c36 military model in s110V Purple via ebay from outfitter country.
your recent discussions about fakes from their store concern me a bit.
a handful friends of mine bought knives from outfittercountry and these knives all seem genuine.

any concerns about buying a S110V blurple millie from them?
shipping to europe (+ customs) from any other company (like knifecenter) is just outrageous

kind regards

julian
HI Julian,

I cannot comment about the military specifically, but I bought my H1 models from the same seller on ebay. I figured it they were fakes, they wouldn't use real H1 steel. So when the Ladybug arrived I dropped it in a small bucket of extremely saturated salt water for a week. Came out as good as new. Plus the opening and locking mechanism seemed perfect to a novice like me, and it is razor sharp (I bought SE).

I could be wrong, but after testing the ladybug, I purchased a Rock Salt from same seller. Hasn't arrived yet but due any day. I also watched some youtube videos about fakes, with my ladybug in my hand, and from what I can tell, it is legit. They had good prices and communication.

Hope that helps you. I googled the seller but couldn't ascertain if they were authorised Spyderco resellers or not.

Andrew
In order of acquisition: Ladybug in H1 : Paramilitary in S110v : Rock Salt in H1 : Vallotton Sub Hilt CPM S30V : Mule Team 23 (CPM20CV) : Next on the wishlist - Dragonfly ZDP189

Thanks to everyone who contributes on this forum. I do not post often but love checking the forum every few days to read new posts and comments. It really is a great forum and I learn so much :)
polyhexamethyl

Post by polyhexamethyl »

hi Andrew,

thank you for the reply!
I Think they're not a veryfied reseller, but i bought a couple of knives from them a few years back (when there weren't many issues with "good" fakes)
and I#m pretty positive i got genuine Spyderco Products.

I gave it a Shot and ordered a blurple millie today -- and the Santoku Kitchen as well!

kind regards,

Julian
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/596556864

Fake? the g-10 looks off,and the safety release has no arch.
DBDEV1

Post by DBDEV1 »

It is fake. The back-lock must be indented on the VG-10 model. If I were you, I'd stick to authorized dealers ONLY.
– very carefully scripted but at least it’s not encrypted –
and the story does suggest
a part 2 to the Turing Test:
1. can machines behave like humans?
2. can we?

― Matt Harvey

My Spydies: Military (C36GPCMO) Civilian (C12GS) Delica 4 (C11FPOR)
DBDEV1

Post by DBDEV1 »

Also, the Civilian isn't supposed to come in a box. If I'm not mistaken, it normally comes in the nice zippered pouch. Considering the low cost at which grubby counterfeiters sell these for, they are unwilling to buy the zippered cases and lack the expertise/knowledge/skill to duplicate them in-house.

As an aside, opening a factory/office in China virtually guarantees the theft of trade-secrets/materials via insider threat vectors. Their government uses counterfeiting (money and goods) as a form of economic warfare against us. If, however, our population were ever to learn the true percentage of counterfeit goods in circulation, the consumer market would grind to a halt.

In any case, be careful with these types of purchases. Always ask for extremely detailed photographs of the item, and run those photos through an image search utility to make sure they haven't been used elsewhere (such as stock photographs, etc).

Finally, consider requiring the use of a reputable escrow service before making any arrangements outside of established and reputable authorized dealers. That way, if you receive the product and realize it is a fraud, you aren't scammed. Any private seller that is unwilling to participate in the escrow process with a well known & vetted service is probably a scammer.
– very carefully scripted but at least it’s not encrypted –
and the story does suggest
a part 2 to the Turing Test:
1. can machines behave like humans?
2. can we?

― Matt Harvey

My Spydies: Military (C36GPCMO) Civilian (C12GS) Delica 4 (C11FPOR)
Nate

Post by Nate »

:spyder:
camporama

Post by camporama »

Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Ttop191

Post by Ttop191 »

Not a true "clone" per se but I've found what is essentially a Byrd CaraCara2 but with a traditional hole instead of the comet. Handle scales and blade shape are exactly like a g10 CC2.

It's called a Brother 1605.

They also make a Manix XL knockoff the "1601"
Trevitrace

Post by Trevitrace »

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... rco-PM2-M4

Seems sprint runs aren't safe anymore either. There's a link on that page to aliEx and the jade/M4 para 2. Scummy A-holes.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

The 1605 used to be circulating with Navy brand, steel purportedly 440C, k631 if I remember correctly.
Ttop191 wrote:Not a true "clone" per se but I've found what is essentially a Byrd CaraCara2 but with a traditional hole instead of the comet. Handle scales and blade shape are exactly like a g10 CC2.

It's called a Brother 1605.

They also make a Manix XL knockoff the "1601"
Chris :spyder:
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Byrd is quite popular that fakes are popping up!
http://www.dhgate.com/discount/knife-byrd-on-sale.html
Chris :spyder:
funghiman

Post by funghiman »

Cameron wrote:Very happy with this one.
//forum.spyderco.com/viewto ... &#p1054450
Cameron that's a sad story... your image has been stolen to create a fake listing. I just knew I had seen this picture somewhere around before.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262902463669
:spyder: Para2 XHP  :spyder: Para2 S110V  :spyder: Para2 S35VN  :spyder: Para2 CF S90V
:spyder: Manix2 LW S110V  :spyder: Manix2 Exclusive  :spyder: Dodo Sprint
:spyder: UK Penknife Safety Orange  :spyder:UK Penknife Rescue Orange
:spyder: Perrin PPT  :spyder: Perrin PPT Sprint  :spyder: Positron  :spyder: Positron S35VN
:spyder: Slysz Bowie  :spyder: Ferid K2  :spyder: Sage5  :spyder: Sprig
:spyder: Junior  :spyder: R Nishijin  :spyder: Rock Lobster  :spyder: Urban Wharncliffe
motocoder

Post by motocoder »

Started a new thread on a Slysz Bowie fake:

//forum.spyderco.com/viewto ... =8&t=74062
IMG_0137.JPG
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I guess there isn't much Spyderco can do about this bottom feeder, but i'd love for him to get booted off FB.

https://www.facebook.com/chinaknife
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
polyhexamethyl

Post by polyhexamethyl »

Thats eBay Germany from a private seller

http://www.ebay.de/itm/SPYDERCO-Messer- ... 2485597310 the notch on the blade looks off to me. can you chime in?

the flipper he's selling is definitive fake!

kind regards,

julian
Midnightrider

Post by Midnightrider »

I have bought two items from outfitter country and they were both fine and the orders were shipped correctly and fast.

I was not aware if any problems with this shop. Can somebody point me to some threads about this. You can pm me if it doesn't belong in this discussion. Thanks.
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
Yes, Virginia, that's a Purple Haze in my suit pocket :)
racewin

Post by racewin »

Can anyone comment on the legitimacy of this ad?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0144 ... UTF8&psc=1
polyhexamethyl

Post by polyhexamethyl »

again it's me

on an Austrian sellers Platform a guy claims he's selling Spyderco "military 3" Models which were according to him announced from Spyderco for late 2016!
I told him that he's selling counterfeits and according to current laws (also back here in Austria) that is FRAUD!!!
he responded to my request to take the listing offline very unwilling and also quite rude calling me a few things that i will better not say here on the forum :)
He also claims, that he's able to get more of these knives in different varieties:

https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und ... -205371893

At least he's not asking a regular MSRP but still he is selling this piece of junk under a registered trademark - the knife nevertheless obviously is FAKE!!

he's also listing this jot singh khalsa, which i'm not really familiar with, but the Picture he's using is clearly a stock Picture of somebody else!

https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und ... 205523125/

Is there any way to shut this operation down?