Spyderco Embassy arrived!

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
wildcat33

Spyderco Embassy arrived!

Post by wildcat33 »

My embassy from bladeops arrived yesterday after a USPS snafu. I have to say that this knife is a stunner. The quality is definitely there, the only imperfection I could find was some light tooling marks around the release button, and that is nitpicking because there was nothing else to complain about. Lockup is tight and I appreciate that there is no play in the blade or release button when the knife is closed and the safety is on or off. Deployment is authoritative. G10 inserts are grippy in the hand and there is a nice contrast between the smooth aluminum frame.

Ergonomics are perfect for my hand and I appreciate that there is maximum blade length vs handle length (one of my major dislikes of some spyderco's is that they feel like they could have a longer blade for how much handle real estate is there). Which is to say that the design feels efficient and well executed.

Lastly, the price. Automatic knives got my attention a few months ago when I handled a benchmade CLA. That's a well designed knife, but the embassy is next level in quality, F&F, not to mention blade steel for only 10 bucks more. At nearly the same price, the comparison is not even close, with the Spyderco the clear winner. So I think value is high with this knife, quality is high, and ergos are stellar. There is a lot to appreciate with this knife.
TazKristi

Re: Spyderco Embassy arrived!

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, wildcat33:
Welcome to our forum! We're happy to hear that you are pleased with your new Embassy.

Since it's an automatic, I'm going to move this thread to our Restricted Models area.

We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.