Spyderco Embassy is back!

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Candyman

Re: Spyderco Embassy is back!

Post by Candyman »

Got mine today and it’s gorgeous! One question though. I noticed these machine marks around the button under the coating. After talking to another friend his has this as well. I do not see these kind of stepping marks on my older ones. https://imgur.com/a/fT6WlXJ
Think for yourself
Kels73

Post by Kels73 »

^^I can see those marks on the knife in the BladeOps demo video. I think they look pretty cool, but it would be interesting to know why they are there.

Regardless, I just ordered mine. I selected priority mail, so I hope to have it by Christmas.
Kels73

Post by Kels73 »

sal wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:10 pm
One of Eric's designs.
sal
I had a feeling Eric designed it. The handle profile reminds me of the Manix 2.

Will it be possible to order an extra spring for it?
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Got mine today and it is perfect! Never thought I'd get another to go with my first, thanks BladeOps and Spyderco. :)
image.jpeg
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Accutronman

Post by Accutronman »

Candyman wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:29 pm
Got mine today and it’s gorgeous! One question though. I noticed these machine marks around the button under the coating. After talking to another friend his has this as well. I do not see these kind of stepping marks on my older ones. https://imgur.com/a/fT6WlXJ
The stepping marks on there on both my older PE and SE versions. They’re more noticeable on the new due to the black.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Kels73 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:16 pm
^^I can see those marks on the knife in the BladeOps demo video. I think they look pretty cool, but it would be interesting to know why they are there.

Regardless, I just ordered mine. I selected priority mail, so I hope to have it by Christmas.

Yeah, it definitely doesn’t bother me any. Just caught my eye when I opened it up. It does actually look kinda cool. Once I go past that $150 mark on a knife I tend to go over it extremely close. I’ve talked to a few other people now that have the same thing on the handles to different degrees. No biggie either way. It’s gonna get beat up.

Rich
Think for yourself
Kels73

Post by Kels73 »

Accutronman wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:09 pm
Candyman wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:29 pm
The stepping marks on there on both my older PE and SE versions. They’re more noticeable on the new due to the black.
Good to know. Thanks.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I finally busted mine out of mail jail today. It's nice. About the size of a Para 3 which is pretty much what I expected. I like the blade shape and ergos.

Now that I have an auto I'm not sure I'd buy another. It works as it should and all but I don't really see the allure. I can open a flipper just as fast or even faster, most of my other knives too for that matter. Closing my other knives is definitely easier. Just a different opening method I guess.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I hear ya Pat. Exactly why I only own one auto knife. Closing with 2 hands is a must, which can be annoying and inconvenient at times, (unless an OTF on certain models).

A lot of hype, but not much to gain.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Just got my embassy today. Question to those out there with one. The action on mine feels off to me. When I open it with the button, the action feels extremely gritty and staged. I can audibly hear it go through multiple stages before it fires. If I depress the button slowly, I can see the blade inch further out with every click/stage the button has to go through until final release. Seems odd to me. I’ve got a few other brands of side autos and they don’t behave like this at all. Is this normal for the embassy?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

jtoler_9 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:32 pm
Just got my embassy today. Question to those out there with one. The action on mine feels off to me. When I open it with the button, the action feels extremely gritty and staged. I can audibly hear it go through multiple stages before it fires. If I depress the button slowly, I can see the blade inch further out with every click/stage the button has to go through until final release. Seems odd to me. I’ve got a few other brands of side autos and they don’t behave like this at all. Is this normal for the embassy?
The lock on mine was slightly gritty when I first got it. I applied a little oil on the button from the inside. Worked the action a little and then blew it out with compressed air. It's fine now.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!