Is Vallotton made to by Factory accept leaf spring or trigger?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
robroy

Is Vallotton made to by Factory accept leaf spring or trigger?

Post by robroy »

I’ve seen many convertible automatic kits where the knife is made to accept spring and trigger without machining.
Most come with parts needed but due to laws the knife is sold as manual opening then customer can install spring and trigger.
The DA Vallotton Sub-Hilt Spyderco is one of my favorite automatic knives and so it Whiskers with its trigger being the bolster.
The Sub-Hilt has that Italian look and the spydie hole is in perfect location.
One reason I ask if Vallotton Sub-hilt is made to accept spring without machine work is because many automatic knives can’t be made without blade play.
Larry_Mott

Re: Is Vallotton made to by Factory accept leaf spring or trigger?

Post by Larry_Mott »

No, the Vallotton sub hilt is not like some coil spring autos being sold without the spring. It is not a simple part swap/add job converting them.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
robroy

Re: Is Vallotton made to by Factory accept leaf spring or trigger?

Post by robroy »

Okay,thank you very much.
I was curious because since Vallotton helped design it maybe it was made to convert into automatic without any major machining.
I like the Vallotton looks but can’t find any stores that carry Spyderco knives so I can see how it would fit my hand and pocket.