Autonomy black blade availability?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
ConspicuousConsumption

Autonomy black blade availability?

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

I've been watching and waiting for availability on the Autonomy with a black blade, and it's been "delayed by manufacturer" on KnifeCenter and other sites for a very long time. The orange handle and satin blades seem to be available, but no dice with the black.

Any word from the honchos in Golden? PLEASE get those out! Would it help if I lied and told you I'm a Navy Seal and I really need this knife for a super secret mission "in country"?

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP165G ... 10-handles
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
mb1

Re: Autonomy black blade availability?

Post by mb1 »

Says in stock now.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

Indeed, and I finally got it. After so many months of waiting and watching, I got an alert from BladeHQ that my "wish list" item was back in stock. So I quickly went to their site, and the Autonomy was already out of stock. Alas. Then I remembered there are other sites out there, so to KnifeCenter.com I went. Long story short, I'm the proud owner of a blade-on-black Autonomy. Full review coming soon.
Autonomy
Autonomy
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Looks like a good one. Looking forward to the review.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man