Restricted for shipping in France?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
lapince

Restricted for shipping in France?

Post by lapince »

Hi guys,

My name is Arnaud, I am french, yeah I know but nobody's perfect :-) I got the pair of C42 Viele about 20 years ago in a Paris shop, for the time they were quite expensive knives, at least for me, talking about the original models, not the updated shorter one they did later, I got both the straight blade and the saw like one, sorry those are probably not the correct terms but I think you get my drift.

I would like to get 1 or 2 new Spyders, was thinking maybe one of the 2 could be a fast opening one, but I see it is restricted, do any of you know if they are ok to send them to France?

Thanks for your replies.

Cheers
Johnnie1801

Re: Restricted for shipping in France?

Post by Johnnie1801 »

You can buy most Spyderco knives in France, you just need to be careful what you carry in public. You can find most of the new Spyderco's on this site:-

http://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com/
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
lapince

Post by lapince »

Thanks Johnnie
M2P

Post by M2P »

Hi lapince !

I'm from France too, not perfect too so ;) and like you, I begun to become fan of Spyderco with the beautiful Viele. Perhaps the most beautiful Spyderco (even if I'm a big fan of the Native) But I was not able to buy it, too expensive for a student. I found it 2 years ago in a shop, a second hand but as new !

About the shipping to France, I don't really know, I used to buy many knives from USA and Canada, I received one (not a fast opening) this month from USA. But another one was not able to enter in EU, from Bielorussia ... I think it was not a problem in France, but from Bielorussia custom who was not able to let it export in EU.

Math
lapince

Post by lapince »

Thanks Math,

Well I found one in France but it's not very nice, it's the Autonomy, not really great, so I am going for a Benchmade either the Adamas Sibert Auto, or the Bedlam Axis Auto, I would like one soon, but if the quality stands up to what I heard and read I will probably get the other one after, which one would you guys recommend? Knowing I have the Viele, the Matriarch 2, the Delica and a Fox Karambit, I wanted the SPyderco Karambit but it was just too expensive and the Fox looks really cool, it's the Fox 599 Karambit as they have other models, I received the Matriarch 2 today and the Delica and Karambit should arrive later, I am starting individual lessons of knife combat next week, 2 times a week 1,5 hours, which should make me progress much faster than with other people, and for 7 dollars the lesson, yeah I live in Ukraine, it's really worth it, I would imagine that in 1 year I should already have a serious level in combat knife.

Thanks for your replies guys
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

What are the rules in France about carrying a Spyderco balisong like the Janisong?
What are the rules in France about carrying knives like the Endura and fixed blades with 3-5 inch blades?

And is it true that almost everyone there carries and/or owns an Opinel?
Midnightrider

Post by Midnightrider »

I like the looks of the Adamas also. .160 blade thickness is just what the doctor ordered. It's on my list.
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
Yes, Virginia, that's a Purple Haze in my suit pocket :)