I don't get it: automatics "restricted"?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
aquaman67

Re: I don't get it: automatics "restricted"?

Post by aquaman67 »

Thanks to Doug Ritter and Knife Rights there are no restrictions on any knife in Tennesee.

They even went as far as to add a State preemption to the law so no city can pass any restrictions. I can carry a samurai sword if I want.

Having said that I got my first auto Monday. I really like it. I got a great deal and it was less than some assisted models from the same manufacturer. I'm not sure if the novelty will wear off. But it sure is fun to play with. The nice thing is this knife also opens normally with just the thumb studs too. So I don't necessarily have to use the auto function.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

aquaman67 wrote:Thanks to Doug Ritter and Knife Rights there are no restrictions on any knife in Tennesee.

They even went as far as to add a State preemption to the law so no city can pass any restrictions. I can carry a samurai sword if I want.

Having said that I got my first auto Monday. I really like it. I got a great deal and it was less than some assisted models from the same manufacturer. I'm not sure if the novelty will wear off. But it sure is fun to play with. The nice thing is this knife also opens normally with just the thumb studs too. So I don't necessarily have to use the auto function.
If it wasn't for the fact that doing something like that would likely be ammo to the people who oppose these kinds of things, I'd probably do just that. I'd go hunting with a sword on my back...you know, just in case.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

What if they just banned all violent gangs on penalty of death , and let us law abiding responsible citizens carry any darned knife, cutlery, and edged tool we want to our heart's content?