MASSAD AYOOB C60S

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Spy

MASSAD AYOOB C60S

Post by Spy »

Massad Ayoob C60s

JD Spydo

Re: MASSAD AYOOB C60S

Post by JD Spydo »

The C-60 Massad Ayoob model is most definitely one of my very favorite Spyderco models ever. It's been in my top 3 for as long as I can remember. The 2011 Sprint Run with the G-10 handle is second only to my M390 Military as being my all time favorite EDC.

The serrated/Spyderedged version of the Ayoob has been rated by some hard core fans as one of the very best Spyderedged units in Spyderco history. One Brother did his own independent meat cutting test with astounding results. He discovered that a Spyderedge with a pronounced "belly" has many advantages over other designs offered in serrated/Spyderedges.

I can only wish that we will see another Sprint Run of the C-60. I would love to see one with another G-10 handle and hopefully a newer/better blade steel. I was told by Spyderco that Mr. Ayoob himself didn't like his design in SE :( I find that most unfortunate because I would love to see that variant return as well.

Thank you so much for putting up one of my most favorite Spyders of all time :cool:
JD Spydo

Re: MASSAD AYOOB C60S

Post by JD Spydo »

If this absolutely gorgeous pic of one of Spyderco's very best Spyderedged models of all time doesn't make you want to petition for a Sprint Run then I don't know what it would take to motivate a person. The elegance, the ergonomics and a design that was literally years ahead of it's time makes it truly one of the top 10 best Spyderco models of all time IMO.

I like the fact that the Brother put up a serrated/Spyderedged version because I was horribly disappointed when the 2011 Sprint Run was only available in PE :( Because it is one model that I'm fanatical about in both edge types. I sure wish Doc Snubnose would chime in and share with us his meat cutting results with his SE Ayoob.

The only thing I could think would make it better would maybe be just a tad bit thicker handle>> the G-10 scales are excellent for that model and the Sprint Run was truly an improvement over the original Almite version IMO. Truly a model we can't allow to be forgotten.