Another molletta stroke of genius?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mom3ntuM

Another molletta stroke of genius?

Post by Mom3ntuM »

I'm a big fan of mollettas designs and own a couple of Sr 11's and a m5 fixed blade.
This is another must have for me.
What do you guys/gals think?
https://youtu.be/Nyxb8Kpm_jw
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
TomAiello

Re: Another molletta stroke of genius?

Post by TomAiello »

I've been very tempted by that one myself.

I have really liked my Lionsteels. I actually like the SR-1 better than the LionSpy.

I've also had really good experiences with Sleipner. I wish spyderco would run something in that--maybe a LionSpy sprint?
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Mom3ntuM wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:06 pm
I'm a big fan of mollettas designs and own a couple of Sr 11's and a m5 fixed blade.
This is another must have for me.
What do you guys/gals think?
https://youtu.be/Nyxb8Kpm_jw
I have a few LionSteel knives. ...all are top notch in design , ergos, and manufacturing!

I'm definitely going to get the aluminum version of this new Molletta design! That retractable pocket clip is ingenious and hopefully highly functional. I think the removable flipper tab is a good idea ...but more gimmicky from my point of view.

Has anyone seen the MKM line of knives out of Italy?
I have my eye on this beautiful blade. https://www.bladehq.com/item--MKM-Bur ... k--87977

James
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

TomAiello wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:20 pm
I've been very tempted by that one myself.

I have really liked my Lionsteels. I actually like the SR-1 better than the LionSpy.

I've also had really good experiences with Sleipner. I wish spyderco would run something in that--maybe a LionSpy sprint?
I really like lionsteels Sleipner to, i think they run it quite hard (61 hrc). The Rok comes with m390 though, not a bad choice either.

I do think i'll be buying an aluminium one too, more bang for the buck, and lighter than the titanium.
I have red/Black and black/Black sr11's, so I guess it Will be a orange/Black ROK, awesome colour combo and the lionsteel dlc coating is really tough so no worries there.
James Dean
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

Got to handle This one while visiting a friend last weekend.. Great knife, much smaller than the Sr11, but still capable.
The flipper feels a little strange, but works well (same as the T. R. E)
This particular Version with the baby blue/greenish titanium and Damascus was way over the top for me, and more than double the Price of the aluminium one.
1550873467439296.jpg
James Dean
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Mom3ntuM wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:19 pm
Got to handle This one while visiting a friend last weekend.. Great knife, much smaller than the Sr11, but still capable.
This particular Version with the baby blue/greenish titanium and Damascus was way over the top for me, and more than double the Price of the aluminium one.
1550873467439296.jpg
Very nice! Did you try the retractable pocket clip? Thoughts? I really like the look of this piece!

James
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

Extra330SC wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:28 pm
Mom3ntuM wrote:
1550873467439296.jpg
Very nice! Did you try the retractable pocket clip? Thoughts? I really like the look of this piece!

James
I did try the pocket clip, i was a little surprised that when pressed open it felt a little loose, maybe it was Just This one. Other than that i liked the clip and when closed it felt solid.
James Dean
vivi

Post by vivi »

Doesn't do anything for me, but I hope you enjoy yours.
:unicorn
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Mom3ntuM wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:51 am
Extra330SC wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:28 pm
Mom3ntuM wrote:
1550873467439296.jpg

James
I did try the pocket clip, i was a little surprised that when pressed open it felt a little loose, maybe it was Just This one. Other than that i liked the clip and when closed it felt solid.
Thanks for the info! Still deciding on the satin or coated blade....

James