BLOKE!!?? > I hope you're OK Brother??

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

BLOKE!!?? > I hope you're OK Brother??

Post by JD Spydo »

I just got word that part of Australia is being devastated with flooding and other inclement weather conditions that may be life threatening to Australian residents. Also I've heard following reports of salt water crocidiles and venomous snakes washing up into people's residential areas as a result of the flooding and other weather anomalies :eek:

Bloke ol' buddy I've heard that much of this is going on in the city of Townsville in the Queensland province. I hope you and yours are all right down in the Sydney area. Please chime in Brother and let us know what is going on down under in your homeland.

Also Bloke I've got some more Antarctica stuff I want to share with you my friend :cool: Let us know ASAP please??
SpyderEdgeForever

Re: BLOKE!!?? > I hope you're OK Brother??

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I am praying for Bloke for his well being and protection and safety!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Bloke is tough. He will put on his flip flops and tromp right through those infested waters. '

Seriously, hope all is well.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I think bloke rides salties to work.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Worried about you and yours, buddy -- praying for you all, keep your heads up and be safe!

:spyder: :spyder: / SB / Bruce :cool: :cool:
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

It is a tad wet here if I’m honest.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

God Bless you fellas!

It’s been fairly brutal here in Sydney and the state of NSW with extreme temperatures for a couple of months now. Last Thursday for example it hit 40degC on the coast and higher inland with the UV index off the scale so a few minutes in the sun and you burn.

We’re lucky because we’re here on the coast and get some relief with the ocean breeze but there’s no escaping the humidity which sits around 85%+ of an evening. Down here we’ve hardly had any rain in months and our (Sydney) water supply is around 50% so we’re not too far off imposed water restrictions and there firing up our desalination plant. We’ve actually broken many long standing records as far as temperatures go already.

The people up north in Townsville Queensland as you’ve heard are suffering with record floods they say only occur once every hundred years. The damage is incalculable and they’re predicting more rain. So our thoughts and prayer go out to our banana bending brethren up north.

Oz is a funny place. It’s a land of extremes one way or another. Some of us don’t have water to drink and NSW is in severe drought with horrific livestock loss while others are drowning. One saving grace is we haven’t had any major bush fires, yet at least.

Many thanks again to you all for your well wishes dear friends. :)

https://youtu.be/PcN0FW9auJk
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I figured you must just have been busy rummaging around to find your speedo’s ....
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:59 pm
I figured you must just have been busy rummaging around to find your speedo’s ....
Ah, hahaha! Never out of reach Chris and standard swimwear for any red blooded Australian mate over 50yrs old. Particularly if they abandoned the gym a few decades prior and have wooden mirrors. :eek:
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Hey Bloke, glad you're okay down there! I hope things don't dry up too much and start causing wildfires. Seems like if it isn't one thing it's another!

I hadn't heard about the flooding in Queensland. That is terrible. I hope and pray those poor people can stay safe!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:42 pm
Hey Bloke, glad you're okay down there! I hope things don't dry up too much and start causing wildfires. Seems like if it isn't one thing it's another!

I hadn't heard about the flooding in Queensland. That is terrible. I hope and pray those poor people can stay safe!
Thanks Connor! :)

We’re good here but the people up north are certainly suffering and no doubt we’ll see fund raising for them but they’re not out of the woods yet.

Being in drought here and no rain even on the coast where it mainly falls the place is like a tinder box with plenty of fuel on the ground and tanks and dams near empty. A major concern if fires do flare.

Today is overcast, threatening to rain and a mild 25degC but it’s bloody humid. With any luck we’ll get a little rain but unless we get a few days of good soaking rain particularly inland any that falls on the coast is a drop in the ocean and only add to humidity. :eek:
SpyderEdgeForever

Wow I am so glad you are alright Bloke my friend!

What do the Salties do when there's bad weather and floods? Do they retreat into hiding places and deeper waters like sharks?
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Glad you’re ok Bloke :cool:
Chris :spyder:
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:58 pm

What do the Salties do when there's bad weather and floods? Do they retreat into hiding places and deeper waters like sharks?
anagarika wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:19 pm
Glad you’re ok Bloke :cool:
Thanks heaps SEF and Chris! :)

There was some footage on last nights News of a Croc going over a causeway but you’d expect that SEF. The pesky sharks would be doing what they do and it’s not out of the realms of possible that a little Bull shark or two may be swimming around town too. :eek:
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Glad your safe Bloke ;)
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:

Crocodiles They are all up my way ( biggest crocodile in Queensland came from the Northern Territory )

Make sure you watch the video, fish this river almost weekly :eek:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/ ... nt/9869378
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Bloke wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:56 pm
God Bless you fellas!

It’s been fairly brutal here in Sydney and the state of NSW with extreme temperatures for a couple of months now. Last Thursday for example it hit 40degC on the coast and higher inland with the UV index off the scale so a few minutes in the sun and you burn.

We’re lucky because we’re here on the coast and get some relief with the ocean breeze but there’s no escaping the humidity which sits around 85%+ of an evening. Down here we’ve hardly had any rain in months and our (Sydney) water supply is around 50% so we’re not too far off imposed water restrictions and there firing up our desalination plant. We’ve actually broken many long standing records as far as temperatures go already.

The people up north in Townsville Queensland as you’ve heard are suffering with record floods they say only occur once every hundred years. The damage is incalculable and they’re predicting more rain. So our thoughts and prayer go out to our banana bending brethren up north.

Oz is a funny place. It’s a land of extremes one way or another. Some of us don’t have water to drink and NSW is in severe drought with horrific livestock loss while others are drowning. One saving grace is we haven’t had any major bush fires, yet at least.

Many thanks again to you all for your well wishes dear friends. :)

https://youtu.be/PcN0FW9auJk
Hi namesake! Glad you are OK!

AlexRus)
Crux

Post by Crux »

While quite deadly, there remains the fact that they need that rain desperately. Well not in Sydney obviously, but central Oz survives on the yearly rains and this one will be a boon to the farmers. Well, if they don't drown first. :(
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well BLOKE I'm really glad that you are OK where you're at. I see now that Townsville in the Queensland province is quite a bit north of you. I was wondering if the harsh weather conditions were hitting a larger area of the Australian continent but apparently you've dodged that bullet for now. I couldn't even imagine finding a Salt Water Croc and a couple of neurotoxic snakes both in my back yard like I seen in one article put out by that same news source :eek: :eek: .

Yeah I think I would feed that Salt Water Croc a "Cane Toad" to eliminate his potential problems :D Not sure how I would handle the snakes but I would sure take measures to eliminate them. Especially after seeing that recent video on Youtube about parents finding a black mamba in their baby's bedroom :eek: And I've heard similar stories about troubles they are having in the city of Townsville in Queensland province.

Holy Taipan BATMAN!!! :rolleyes: What are your neighbors north of you going to do BLOKE???!! :confused: :confused:
Crux

Post by Crux »

Not to be a party pooper, but I've had alligators and water moccasins in my yard growing up and it didn't have to rain. :eek:
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
SpyderEdgeForever

standy99 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:31 am
Glad your safe Bloke ;)
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:

Crocodiles They are all up my way ( biggest crocodile in Queensland came from the Northern Territory )

Make sure you watch the video, fish this river almost weekly :eek:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/ ... nt/9869378
Incredible! I just watched that. Do they use a drone to get the footage? The crocs never end almost.