BLOKE!!?? > I hope you're OK Brother??

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Bloke

Re: BLOKE!!?? > I hope you're OK Brother??

Post by Bloke »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:02 pm
Do they use a drone
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
standy99

Post by standy99 »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:02 pm
standy99 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:31 am
Glad your safe Bloke ;)
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:58 pm
Wow I am so glad you are alright Bloke my friend!

What do the Salties do when there's bad weather and floods? Do they retreat into hiding places and deeper waters like sharks?
Crocodiles They are all up my way ( biggest crocodile in Queensland came from the Northern Territory )

Make sure you watch the video, fish this river almost weekly :eek:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/ ... nt/9869378

Incredible! I just watched that. Do they use a drone to get the footage? The crocs never end almost.
Yep drone, as they say for every one you see there is 10 more... would be just as many on the other side of the river.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Yiiikkes.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Crux wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:29 pm
Not to be a party pooper, but I've had alligators and water moccasins in my yard growing up and it didn't have to rain. :eek:
Yeah I've got relatives down in Louisiana and lower Mississippi that have had that same problem you've described>> but I'm here to tell all of you that those Salt Water Crocodiles they have down under make our American gators look like house pets by comparison. And trust me your chances of surviving a bite from a Cottonmouth Water Moccasin are at least 10 times better than getting tagged from one of those extremely neurotoxic snakes they have down in "Kangaroo Land". They have the 10 most venomous snakes on the planet down there.

How Steve Irwin survived as long as he did still blows me away when I think about it. I heard Steve Irwin once say that the Salt Water Crocs have about 3 times the ferocity and strength of the American alligator. And the problem with neurotoxic snake venom is that it literally shuts down your entire central nervous system. Trust me they have a much bigger critter problem that we have.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Snakes we have them in spades
The attachment image.jpeg is no longer available
Attachments
image.jpeg
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

standy99 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:47 am
Snakes we have them in spades

image.jpeg
Hey I remember when BLOKE put that picture up on my old SNAKE thread I had going about 4 months back. I believe that Bloke said that was an "Olive Python" if my memory is in sync. Those guys don't have venom like a lot of other snakes down where Bloke lives. I think there is also a black-headed python down there that is common as well. Correct me if I'm wrong about that BLOKE :)

Again I'm really relieved to know that BLOKE isn't taking the punishment that they are up in the city of Townsville in the Queensland province. Yeah BLOKE I've heard you guys have been having a brutal summer down there in the southern hemisphere this past year. I can't even imagine what those Australian deserts have been like in this recent summer :eek: I've heard on our USA Weather Channel that you guys have had one of the worst summers in the Southern Hemisphere in years.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I haven't logged on here in a bit, but glad to read that you are OK, Bloke. Sorry to hear what's going on down in Australia, and hoping that weather conditions start easing up there.

Jim
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:31 am
Again I'm really relieved to know that BLOKE isn't taking the punishment that they are up in the city of Townsville in the Queensland province. Yeah BLOKE I've heard you guys have been having a brutal summer down there in the southern hemisphere this past year. I can't even imagine what those Australian deserts have been like in this recent summer :eek: I've heard on our USA Weather Channel that you guys have had one of the worst summers in the Southern Hemisphere in years.
Hey JD and everyone else thank you so much for all the well wishes but apart from the extreme heat and pending water restrictions we’re doing well. The people up north not so much. They got Sydney’s yearly average rainfall in a day, I believe and three times that in a week.

I was talking to a mate who lives at Mission Beach, about half way between Cairns and Townsville. They also have a place in Charters Towers west of Townsville. They went down to The Towers to sell some scaffold and it started to rain the day they got there so they’re stuck. The local shops are out of all essentials but the pub still has plenty of cold beer so overall he’s happy.

Yes Joe, Black Headed Pythons are one of ours and quite popular pets. :)
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Bloke, how difficult would it be to build a monsoon proof house in Australia and where is the most stable section that you know of on the entire continent?

Also, is there solid enough bedrock there for people with tunneling machines to build underground houses and vaults?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Best thing is they are good on the Barbie.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Just saw this, glad you avoided the worst of it Alex
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:03 am
Just saw this, glad you avoided the worst of it Alex
Many Thanks Matt. :)

We’re good down here but the people up north are truly suffering. They estimated that three hundred thousand head of cattle drowned in the flood also and there a vast areas deemed a biohazard now with so many rotting carcasses on the ground and waterways.

The army is using helicopters to drop feed to the remaining stock but it’s quite dire and it will be a long slow road to recovery. We’re a resilient lot but people have lost everything and undoubtedly many just won’t recover. I was chatting with a mate up there and what he described is quite horrendous. :eek:
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I can't believe the media here in the states hasn't said anything about this (I haven't seen any coverage anyways, and I read the news everyday). I wish them all the best in Northern Australia and hope they recover.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:31 pm
I can't believe the media here in the states hasn't said anything about this (I haven't seen any coverage anyways, and I read the news everyday). I wish them all the best in Northern Australia and hope they recover.
Thanks again Matt! :)

It’s truly a sad state of affairs. We see footage nightly and it truly is horrendous for all concerned. Apart from the people suffering it’s heartbreaking seeing cattle still alive up to there bellies in a sea of clay mud as far as the eye can see.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:31 pm
I got the news off of an alternative news website. Two websites I get a lot of overseas news are "www.stevequayle.com and www.standeyo.com. I got this news about Townsville Australia on stevequayle.com >> But I also saw it on www.prisonplanet.com and the powerhour.com.

I agree with ZROW that it is kind of strange that we don't get more up to date news on Australia and New Zealand especially with them being such good friends and close allies to the USA :confused: . If any of you guys have other websites that cover news from these other great countries I would love to check them out.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Eventually i found some news articles on fox and cnn but I had to go looking for them.