I cheated on Spyderco....

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ZrowsN1s

I cheated on Spyderco....

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Bought my first Non-Spydie in a while for my Birthday. I bought a Microtech UTX-70 CA legal Dual Action OTF auto. Good CA autos are hard to come by, and finding a microtech ca legal for sale is like finding a unicorn. It was posted and sold out in 3hrs. I wish Spyderco made CA legal autos, but understand why they dont. Sorry for cheatin on ya Sal, but the heart wants what the heart wants ;)
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
knivesandbooks

Re: I cheated on Spyderco....

Post by knivesandbooks »

Too bad you're not allowed a full size Ultratech in California. I love mine. Fwiw, protech has some very nice CA legal autos. My Calmigo makes a great box opener.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
James Y

Post by James Y »

My favorite CA-legal automatic is my DKD Shark Tooth. It feels like a bigger knife than it is. I also own an old Pro-Tech Runt. Both have outstanding fit, finish and action. But as a user, IMO the DKD knife is better.

Jim
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:22 am
Too bad you're not allowed a full size Ultratech in California. I love mine. Fwiw, protech has some very nice CA legal autos. My Calmigo makes a great box opener.
I know right?

The protechs never really appealed aesthetically for some reason, couldnt say why. Although I saw one in the shot show vids that looked kinda cool.

What I'm really exited for is the Kershaw Launch 10. A CA legal hawkbill auto USA made with CPM154 :eek: Until spyderco makes a hawkbill Lil Native, I think I might need a Launch 10.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
James Y

Post by James Y »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pm
knivesandbooks wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:22 am
I know right?

The protechs never really appealed aesthetically for some reason, couldnt say why. Although I saw one in the shot show vids that looked kinda cool.

What I'm really exited for is the Kershaw Launch 10. A CA legal hawkbill auto USA made with CPM154 :eek: Until spyderco makes a hawkbill Lil Native, I think I might need a Launch 10.
The DKD Shark Tooth is a CA legal hawkbill. Almost certainly better-made than the Kershaw. Also USA-made.

Jim
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

James Y wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:57 pm

The DKD Shark Tooth is a CA legal hawkbill. Almost certainly better-made than the Kershaw. Also USA-made.

Jim
That is a cool looking knife.

GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I'm not a microtech fan, but the tanto UT knives are so cool looking