Ever met any celebrities?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Water Bug

Re: Ever met any celebrities?

Post by Water Bug »

I met NASCAR racer Kenny Wallace at an autograph signing event... his Number 23 Stacker 2 Dodge was on display in the parking lot for all to see.

At another autograph signing event, I got to meet the then Saint Louis Rams Cheerleaders.

At two American Darts Organization-sanctioned dart tournaments in Las Vegas, Nevada, I met, and was fortunate to get autographs from, several famous professional darts players and darts celebrities to include John Lowe, Eric Bristow, Dennis Priestley, Lori Verrier, Stacy Bromberg, Chris Helms, Patricia Farrell, Barry Twomlow, Jim Widmayer, Leighton Johnson, Roger Carter, Tom Fleetwood, Jay Tomlinson, Steve Brown, Keith Deller, Larry Butler, John Part, Holly Part, Jerry Umberger, Len Worrell, Rick Stephenson, Stanley Moore, Sandy Reitan Green, Andy Green, and Cliff Lararenko.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

cabfrank wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:17 pm
I've always thought it was a great, and very underrated movie, with a fantastic cast.
I agree! I thought it was very special the first time i saw it. Even bougt the DVD years later because i really wanted to watch it again.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Yep. Bought it on one of those old tape things. VHS? 😉 It was actually on cable recently, so I set the DVR, but I will get a DVD one of these days. It is one of those movies I just don't get sick of watching, even though I've seen it.
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:20 pm
I'll play...

Andy Garcia, Christopher Lloyd, Treat Williams, William Forsythe, Jack Warden, Steve Buscemi, Fairuza Balk, Gabrielle Anwar, Christopher Walken, Scott Weiland, Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Joe Walsh, Lynda Carter, Lou Ferrigno, Zac Brown, Steven Seagal, Roy Rogers, and Dale Evans.

All of the above were very kind and down to earth but Christopher Lloyd and William Forsythe were fantastically authentic. The best though, meeting Roy Rogers and Dale Evans as a young child. They were so kind and hospitable. They opened their home and their museum to my family. Roy proved immediately that he was worthy of being my Dad's hero.
I'm so flipping jealous that you met William Forsythe and that he was nice enough to be singled out as one of the most authentic you'd met. I've been a fan of his for over 20 years.

As for my brushes with celebs, I met Peyton Manning during his rookie year with the Colts. Also, when I was young, Jeff Gordon lived a half mile down the road (technically around the corner) from my house.
Joseph08

Post by Joseph08 »

Good to know your viewpoints on celebrities. Yes, they are normal people and i would love to meet. Looking for a chance.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Joseph08 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:26 am
Good to know your viewpoints on celebrities. Yes, they are normal people and i would love to meet. Looking for a chance.
Some are normal, some, not so.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
James Y

Post by James Y »

I'd completely forgotten that when I was a kid in junior high, Jason Scheff, who would later go on to replace Peter Cetera in the band 'Chicago' in the mid-'80s, used to pick on me a bit. He was a year ahead of me. He picked on me now and then until one day he came up and apologized to me. I didn't trust him or his apology at first, but apparently he meant it, because after that whenever he saw me he was polite, and he never picked on me again. It could have been partly because his best friend at the time was a friendly acquaintance of mine, but I'll never really know why.

Jim
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I remember quite well meeting Don Shula.
I was only 18 years old and working on a private Golf Course & Country Club. I was raking bunkers.
At any rate, Don Shula and two lady friends roll up. I was like " oh chit" ....but, before I could even lay my rake down, Coach Shula walked right over and shook my hand while he introduced himself.
He had such an iron grip and deep,deep, voice. He was a real Commander imo. No doubt he was a leader of very strong and tough men. Very polite and nice goes without saying.
Every morning we reported to work at 7 am. And every morning you would see Coach Shula and one of his sons running the track.
Us workers had a heckuva a lot of respect for the Shulas.
As for Kurt Russell, I met him right after he shot a scene. The scene was about 200 yards or so from my house. It was movie he did back in the 80's called The Winter People. It was the scene where he got shot. He wasnt very big or tall, but he was very nice to say the least. Anyways, that's my little 2 pennies worth
JefferyDahmer93

Post by JefferyDahmer93 »

I met Scott Bacula at a dinner. He kinda ignored me though.
Have a swell day!
Crux

Post by Crux »

Dang, you must be really old now. Do you have any Para 3s that you want to get rid of? You know, like before, well you know. :)
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek: