Hawkbills, Lineman Knives, Cable Cutters

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

Hawkbills, Lineman Knives, Cable Cutters

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Look what I found:

https://www.linemenssupply.com/collecti ... ccessories

Jameson and other brands make these curved and hawkbill bladed knives. Some are folding and others are fixed. They can be adapted to sporting uses, I am sure.

I see both carbon and stainless steel.

What do you all think of those?
JD Spydo

Re: Hawkbills, Lineman Knives, Cable Cutters

Post by JD Spydo »

That's really interesting SEF. I used to be into tree trimming and tree removal. One of my partners had Buckingham tree climbers and he swore by their quality. I always used Brooks myself which are also top notch, professional equipment but he had a lot of equipment from when he worked for Asplundh. I had always heard of Buckingham arborist equipment and had used some of their climbers before but I had no idea that they also made knives>> I'm going to have to check that out. Because they are a company well known for their quality. And I had never heard of this particular supply house either. Thanks for putting that up.

A WARNING for those of you guys who buy "Tree Climbers" like the ones you see in this catalog for deer hunting or work. Many of the popular deer hunting websites sell those type of climbers but I'm giving you a serious warning not to buy them. Because really top notch, super safe "Tree Climbers" have the gaffs that have undergone a serious heat treatment and will not break on you while you are climbing. I've heard of those cheaper made tree climbers that are sold for a fraction of the price out of many of the deer hunting magazines and websites that are made overseas do indeed break off while climbing which could cause you a serious fall that would result in serious injury or death.

If you are going to buy professional ''Tree Climbing" spikes for GOD's sake get the real ones. And these Buckingham Tree Climbers are the real deal and you notice they cost a lot too>> and there's a reason for that. But those Tree Climbers are a serious piece of equipment and believe me your life and safety depend on them. Also get a lot of practice before attempting to climb a dangerous tree. I can't stress enough how dangerous it is.
SpyderEdgeForever

Thank you for the warning about the tree stands and tree climbers. That is a serious fact!

Regarding the curved and hawkbill blades, these are great tools and would you say can be adapted for self protection to an extent? They mimic animal claws.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:41 am
I used to be into tree trimming and tree removal.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
SpyderEdgeForever

Bloke wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:42 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
LOL Bloke YOU have one of the BEST senses of humor I have EVER seen. Seriously. THANK YOU for being who you are :)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

JD Spydo wrote:
That's really interesting SEF. I used to be into tree trimming and tree removal. One of my partners had Buckingham tree climbers and he swore by their quality. I always used Brooks myself which are also top notch, professional equipment but he had a lot of equipment from when he worked for Asplundh. I had always heard of Buckingham arborist equipment and had used some of their climbers before but I had no idea that they also made knives>> I'm going to have to check that out. Because they are a company well known for their quality. And I had never heard of this particular supply house either. Thanks for putting that up.

A WARNING for those of you guys who buy "Tree Climbers" like the ones you see in this catalog for deer hunting or work. Many of the popular deer hunting websites sell those type of climbers but I'm giving you a serious warning not to buy them. Because really top notch, super safe "Tree Climbers" have the gaffs that have undergone a serious heat treatment and will not break on you while you are climbing. I've heard of those cheaper made tree climbers that are sold for a fraction of the price out of many of the deer hunting magazines and websites that are made overseas do indeed break off while climbing which could cause you a serious fall that would result in serious injury or death.

If you are going to buy professional ''Tree Climbing" spikes for GOD's sake get the real ones. And these Buckingham Tree Climbers are the real deal and you notice they cost a lot too>> and there's a reason for that. But those Tree Climbers are a serious piece of equipment and believe me your life and safety depend on them. Also get a lot of practice before attempting to climb a dangerous tree. I can't stress enough how dangerous it is.

Yes, there have been some who have fallen and been stabbed by the climbers and bled to death before they could get help. It is very dangerous and shoddy equipment just ramps up the danger to a complete new level.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Bloke wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
I see you are very experienced in this line of work. :D Listen, about coming over and helping me remove that tree...I think I am busy that day.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:06 am
LOL
You’re too kind SEF.

Hope JD doesn’t want to fight me. Ah, hahaha! :)
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:09 am
Bloke wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
I see you are very experienced in this line of work. :D Listen, about coming over and helping me remove that tree...I think I am busy that day.
Ah, hahaha! :)

Fair enough Doc, I’ll send JD. ;)