New to Forum

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kernelpanic

New to Forum

Post by kernelpanic »

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, Im from West Yorkshire in the UK.
I've been a long term user of Spyderco since 2008. I first experienced their knives at a Spyderco BritishBlades meet up in leeds at the Royal Armouries sometime during 2008.
I remember meeting Sal there, and loved when he was asking how some of the local makers cut out blanks and then commented that he uses lasers :)
spyderco.JPG
This was the first time I had ever experienced a knife other than a basic slipjoint or lock back. I remember opening one of the liner lock pass around knives and didn't know how to close the lock/knife. Luckily the person next to me showed me how to use the knife :)
This was also when they discussed and showed a mock up I believe of the Spyderco Bushcraft knife. I remember Chris Claycomb giving a talk on this.

I was so impressed by not only the design and quality of the knives that as soon as I got home on the Saturday evening I ordered a Black G10 UKPK. I have been carrying a UKPK ever since, currently a UKPK in CPM-S110v.
In all honesty I don't own a massive amount of knives as I try not to collect them and focus on owning ones I use. I only own a UKPK, Delica and my other knives are UK custom Woodlore Knives and a Fallkniven TK4.

Looking forward to lurking around for a while and maybe putting up a review or two.

Regards
Kev
The Meat man

Re: New to Forum

Post by The Meat man »

Welcome to the forum Kev!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Hi Kev!
kernelpanic

Post by kernelpanic »

thank you for the welcome guys, looking forward to joining in with some threads. Also to see where Spyderco products go.
Hoping for a G10 UKPK in production again :)
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Welcome!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Welcome to the forum! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Welcome to the forum!