Strange Speculation: Intelligent Energy Beings.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

Strange Speculation: Intelligent Energy Beings.

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Imagine if there were a race of very ancient and very powerful beings who are no longer or were never made of flesh and blood biology like we humans and life on earth, rather, they are more like pure electromagnetic based creatures, able to transform themselves and the material around them through direct manipulation of the electromagnetic spectrum. They can assemble any object or material they want directly from electromagnetic waves, and, can scan human thought patterns to shape themselves into what we are familiar with and know, and, they have complete access to our global history, psychology, makeup, and, stories and everything.

Now imagine that some of these beings are "good" in that they are friendly, kind, just, and beneficial, and others are utterly vicious, malevolent, and downright psychopathic in their mind-state towards humans and most other beings.

What are your thoughts on this concept and do you think it has a basis in reality? Could you imagine such beings masquerading as various legendary creatures, or, being the root fact behind the stories and legends of human myth?

Then, at what point would our technology have to reach to where we could scan or detect the existence of such beings, and, even do this to our own selves, make our own selves able to do this?
The Mastiff

Re: Strange Speculation: Intelligent Energy Beings.

Post by The Mastiff »

SEF, you are describing what are traditionally called Angels and demons ( and many other names). They can take on any form but are essentially energy. If one can get past the "I hate religion and make fun of it every chance I can get" stuff that invariably crops up it's an interesting subject that goes way back past Christians/Jews/Islam back to Greeks and even to Zoroaster , the first mainstream monotheistic religion.

Joe
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Gozer the Gozerian approves of this thread. And remember, the form they take is up to you!

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Sounds like what lives in The Warp in the Warhammer40k Universe.

Careful talking about it, or you'll find the Inquisition have parked in orbit and want to have a 'chat'. ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

demoncase wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 pm

Careful talking about it, or you'll find the Inquisition have parked in orbit and want to have a 'chat'. ;)
I had great fun hacking up and customizing space marines back in the day, to create my Chaos marine army. Man, that was back in middle school, like 1996. I should locate those old pieces and take some pictures. I got pretty decent at it eventually, nothing like in the magazines but not bad for a 15 year old.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

tvenuto wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:40 pm
demoncase wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 pm

I had great fun hacking up and customizing space marines back in the day, to create my Chaos marine army. Man, that was back in middle school, like 1996. I should locate those old pieces and take some pictures. I got pretty decent at it eventually, nothing like in the magazines but not bad for a 15 year old.
I'd LOVE to see them- I picked up the hobby again properly last year with the release of 8th Edition rules..... And I'm steadily buying up (and painting) all the old lead Eldar Aspect Warriors I couldn't afford on my pocket money in 1990 when I was 12 :)

Turns out 39 year old me has the painting skills 13 year old me wished he had :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Crux

Post by Crux »

I've seen them. They are the Blue.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
kiwisailor

Post by kiwisailor »

Ok, I'll put this out there to be ridiculed..
Years back, I was serving as a Corrections Officer (Prison Officer).

I was working in a High Risk Unit which had a Population of Males who were at risk due to Mental illness and/or Drug induced Psychosis or withdrawal.
Some were very Violent and in for the more serious Crimes, others just off the rails from Meth.
Under direct care of a Team of Forensic Psychologists with constant monitoring of Medication.

This was a Sole Charge Position at night with all Prisoners locked down.

A new Prison which was built in a high population of Maori.
Old NIMBY theme, yep we need more Prisons, but Not In My Back Yard..

Anyway, sometimes at night the Unit would get cold (quickly) and as the lights were keep low in corridor outside cells, we had Blue Light on demand in cells for observation to minimise waking of Occupants.

Then out of corner of my eye, I would notice movement coming down corridor.
“IT” appeared to be a Old Maori Male with Feathered Cloak, calmly walking past me.
No drama, no threat, just passing on through.
ALWAYS from the same direction. Different times, only once per shift/night.
This went on for Months and when I finally, very quietly spoke to another Officer about it, She said “oh, that's just the Kuamatua (Senior Chief) following the Spiritual Pathway “
Hmm, turns out that most of use had seen the manifestation, but of course, nobody was game to admit the “elephant in the room” so to speak.

I would recall the Digital feed occasionally hoping to pick up a shadow or something, no, never happened.
We just lived with it and so did the Prisoners. No problem.
When asking the Local Kuamatua who had access to the Prison, they freely admitted to this area being part of the Ancestral Pathway.
Believe or not..

There was however a more sinister side.

One Cell had a very nasty reputation and some Guys just absolutely hated going into it.
Even I didn't like it during the Daytime.
I did have a Prisoner in there one time who was obviously under some “other influence” and it was so bad I actually had to call for assistance to open Cell after hours (a real no-no) as things were going very sinister very quickly.
Real Exorcist type stuff that scared the crap out of the Staff who were unlucky enough to see into cell.

Certainly made me re-evaluate my “Other Worldly” beliefs.
And yes, it still makes my hackles stand up if I dare to think of it..

This is in a VERY controlled environment were there was pretty much no possibility or reason to do this sort of behaviour.

Guys were thoroughly strip searched before going in, 2x Anti Suicide blankets, Anti Suicide Gown which even had the stitching checked at least 1x every 24 hours and cell micro searched 2x per 24 hrs.
Concrete plinth bed, bolted through solid wooden stool Fixed to the floor, wall table and toilet.
NOTHING else allowed. Even Toilet paper was counted in.
Staff were carefully selected for stable influences and most of us were active Riot Squad Members.
No just out of Prison College Graduates here, or younger ones either.

Mastiff, I'm figuring you may have had similar things happen over there?

SEF, probably not what you were alluding to, but, there it is.

"Disclaimer, I've had a few Scotches and have come back to Mainland NZ after spending 4x Months on Island without power, very few People, living off Fish, and Hunting with Bow (not very successfully I admit) and suffering from Culture Shock (again) otherwise I wouldn't even discuss this stuff."
i.e. What some People describe as going "Feral"
I say "lucky me"
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

A wise man once said "a man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument."

Cheers
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Mastiff, I'm figuring you may have had similar things happen over there?
Not quite like what you describe and am not displeased that I missed it either. :) They were bad enough places just having to try to get through the shift while keeping everybody intact without having paranormal stuff going on. I think I would rather put in for a transfer.

joe
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I don't believe that life has to exist in the ways we here on Earth understand it to be. I believe there may well be life in forms that we don't or can't understand. The universe is a big place and we understand very very little about it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Crux wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:33 pm
I've seen them. They are the Blue.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:58 am
I don't believe that life has to exist in the ways we here on Earth understand it to be. I believe there may well be life in forms that we don't or can't understand. The universe is a big place and we understand very very little about it.
This reminds me of Blood Meridian (like most things do)...
Cormac McCarthy wrote:The universe is no narrow thing and the order within it is not constrained by any latitude in its conception to repeat what exists in one part in any other part. Even in this world more things exist without our knowledge than with it and the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way. For existence has its own order and that no man's mind can compass, that mind itself being but a fact among others.
We know FOR A FACT that the true nature of the world is in the realm of the quantum, and in that realm things fundamentally behave differently than the world seems to behave at the scales we perceive. There's no saying that we won't in the future prove that there are indeed other dimensions than the ones we can perceive, and that other lifeforms live in these dimensions.

And then, a couple of kids who play D&D will fight the demigorgon with their mind-powers friend.

Crux

Post by Crux »

The Blue has no distinct shape.
kiwisailor

Post by kiwisailor »

The Mastiff wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:14 am
]

I think I would rather put in for a transfer.

joe
Strangely enough, the Unit I'd been serving in previously for 2x years was Remand Unit, which is classed as Maximum Security.
So the Newer Unit was actually less risky..
Crux

Post by Crux »

Has anyone else here been 80+ feet into a crevasse and seen the amazing blue ice? It's more intense than that by 10X but the same basic color.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

As Spock said with regards to the Organians in the Star Trek episode, "Errand of Mercy"...

"Fascinating... Pure energy... Pure thought... Totally incorporeal... Not life as we know it at all." :eek: :)
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!