Some good companies seem to destroy good gun companies for da money

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Crux

Some good companies seem to destroy good gun companies for da money

Post by Crux »

Marlin was destroyed by Browning, a shotgun company acquiring a lever gun company.

S&W can't provide a viable carry semi. Why destroy the fact that your brand is one the best revolver companies in world history?

Why are simpletons bashing Kel-Tec??? I understand if you are talking 10+ years ago, but a lot has changed.

Kel-Tec is evolving toward a parallel Spyderco vision.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
vivi

Re: Some good companies seem to destroy good gun companies for da money

Post by vivi »

Isn't the M&P Shield one of the most successful modern pistols? It was half a decade before I saw any stores able to keep them in stock.
:unicorn
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Marlin was purchased by Remington (Freedom Group actually, Remington's parent company) not Browning. But yes the "Remlins" are a disappointment in fit and finish though most of the early mechanical issues have been remedied.

S&W has posted very good earnings and has a large percentage of the handgun market at this time. Their M&P pistols are second only to Glocks in customer satisfaction and sales according to Firearms Industry Journal.

Kel-Tec is an outstanding "outside of the box" thinking/design company but their execution is still lacking in the QC department. I send lots of them back for repairs that are caused by issues that solid design QC should have corrected before full production should have started. They still have a way to go yet.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Crux wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:54 am

S&W can't provide a viable carry semi. Why destroy the fact that your brand is one the best revolver companies in world history?

What?

Shoots better than all my Glocks :confused:
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

More incredibly subjective opinions offered as fact. This won’t go poorly!

https://youtu.be/sav2L2E38XA
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I’m not sure what he means either. My S&W Shield is my go to most carried concealed handgun, with thousands of rounds through it that I definitely trust with my life and defending my family’s life.
Josh
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Out of all of them who makes the best home-defense and sporting as in hunting shotgun for the cost, that you all know of, when it comes to safety, quality of components such as barrel and stock, and other mechanisms?
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

I agree with OldHoosier and Murphjd25. The S&W shield and M&P lines are quality pistols.I also work at a gun store that use to sell Keltecs but we had so many complaints about them and sent so many back to the factory we quit selling them.If my life were in danger and I only had a pistol with me it would be a glock,shield or an M&P
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I frankly don’t see the connection between the OP’s declared subject and his ultimate ragging on “simpletons” who bash Kel-Tec, innovative though this company has shown itself to be. Whatever, the comparison of Kel-Tec to Spyderco seems a lunge, and makes me wonder the purpose.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Crux wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:54 am
Marlin was destroyed ...
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

murphjd25 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:00 am
I’m not sure what he means either. My S&W Shield is my go to most carried concealed handgun, with thousands of rounds through it that I definitely trust with my life and defending my family’s life.
My M&P 2.0C might be my favorite semi ever made. I thought I loved my P10C but this shoots even better than it did.
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:27 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
My M&P 2.0C might be my favorite semi ever made. I thought I loved my P10C but this shoots even better than it did.
You've got me interested David.
How's the trigger on her?
As compared to a Glock trigger.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:55 pm
Evil D wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:

Eh, better than my OG Shield but maybe not quite as good as my 5000+ round G43. I'd never compare it to even an average 1911 but it's better than the older M&P triggers. I really don't care as long as the break is clean and the reset is crisp and audible and it does well in both those. I may eventually put an aftermarket trigger in it though, maybe an Apex.
~David
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

It was night and day after I put the Apex kit in my Shield. Hands down a pretty bad *** gun now..
Josh
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:29 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:55 pm
Evil D wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:

Eh, better than my OG Shield but maybe not quite as good as my 5000+ round G43. I'd never compare it to even an average 1911 but it's better than the older M&P triggers. I really don't care as long as the break is clean and the reset is crisp and audible and it does well in both those. I may eventually put an aftermarket trigger in it though, maybe an Apex.
Good deal.
Thanx David. :)