Spyderco "Dimensional Cutter" (TM)

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

Spyderco "Dimensional Cutter" (TM)

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I am putting this in the Off Topic Section because it is not based on known science and physics and it is at this point in time science fiction or fantasy.

Imagine if at some point in the future the technological capability were developed that enabled people to directly manipulate space itself, perhaps through some form of miniaturized warp-field technology that tapped into space curvature, or some other means.

Then imagine that this ability became inexpensively industrialized and mass produced.

Mass, space, matter, and energy could be routinely altered and manipulated as we currently can do with electricity in the form of conductors, wires, switches, diodes, and so on and so forth.

Now imagine that Spyderco were to make use of this technology and produce what I call a "Dimensional Blade/Knife or Cutter".

This would be a knife that would have either a set exterior, perhaps a Military or Endura or Centofante Vesuvius or other outer shape, or, perhaps the outer shape would be mutable, able change from one to another at the user's request; from an Endura to a Delica to a Para Military to a Manix or Pacific Salt or any other, fixed blade or folder.

The real power of this knife, though, is the following: The blade would be capable of cutting matter dimensionally and trans dimensionally. You could cut through 1, 2, 3, and even higher dimensional space itself with it.

What do you all think of this idea? What would sal think of it?

It would be self sharpening and self repairing, and basically indestructable. I don't even think the term "sharpness" counts once you get that level.
awa54

Re: Spyderco "Dimensional Cutter" (TM)

Post by awa54 »

It would effectively be magic.

As I've said before SEF, you need to read the Dying Earth stories by Jack Vance.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:11 pm
What do you all think of this idea?
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Can it also cut through all the BS?
SpyderScout