Knives here, there, and everywhere

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
knivesandbooks

Knives here, there, and everywhere

Post by knivesandbooks »

Just a question to make sure I'm not the only one. Apart from where my collection is stored, I hide knives throughout my apartment. I just moved in to a new place today and I already have a knife on the entry way table, a victorinox multitool, victorinox trekker, and an Ontario rat in the kitchen (not for cooking, just odds and ends), I've got my rotation knives on my dresser, and another on my night stand. A couple in my car too. And this isn't nearly as bad as my last living space. They were literally everywhere there.

Do you all do this in your homes and apartments?
I find myself using my strategically placed knives at home much more often than the one in my pocket.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
SpyderScout

Re: Knives here, there, and everywhere

Post by SpyderScout »

Well, being a knife fan, I have a knife here or there, as knives gets used a lot.
I dont deliberately 'hide' knives in every room, as you do.
Cant see a reason to.
Wouldnt it just be easier to have a knife on your pocket, instead of hiding them i all the rooms of your dwelling.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I would surely forget where I hide them and lose them.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Knives and Books: 1 I love your nick name. I also like both knives and books.

And your idea is a good idea.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I tend to have them scattered about but I have a toddler so now it is a little trickier as I try to keep them away from curious hands.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Same here. Depending on the season I wear either jogging shorts or sweat pants around the house, and don't have a knife on me, so I keep "a few" strategically placed around the house. There's a serrated Tenacious and a Marble's machete hanging on the wall of my garage and a Stretch in the laundry room. There's an Autonomy, a jigged bone Kopa, and a Colt dagger in the living room, plus a display case with most of my Kiwis and Kopas in it and a Boker Katana on top. There's a Schrade multitool and a Stretch in the Kitchen. Here in my "office", at the moment, there's a Centofante Memory, a red bone Kiwi, a D-Rocket Zulu, plus a box with all my X-Acto handles and blades. Then there's my bedroom, where there are always a few of my user Kiwis, Chaparrals, Stretches, and a Microtech, Piranha, or Benchmade OTF auto or two on my bureau and nightstand, and a Cold Steel sword cane leaning in one corner, as well as a Native in my bathroom. Also keep a couple in my cars, there's a serrated Atlantic Salt and a Boker Cop Tool in my daily driver SUV and a Colonial Amoeba in my roadster.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Ladybug Rescue on my motorcycle keys, Chicago hung up in the garden shed... that’s it for me as far as dispersal goes.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I’m highly disorganised by nature and leave knives all over the house for no particular reason.

When our little grandkiddies come to visit it’s a mad scramble to move knives, fishing lures etc. out of reach.

Beloved wife loves it! :p
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
embry386

Post by embry386 »

I don't own my own house, and my parents would ask me to pick up my knives if I was in the habit of leaving them in random places around here. Soon I hope to get my own place though, and I think there'll be a lot wider spread of knives scattered everywhere when that happens. Currently, I have some in storage bins under my bed, some on the shelf above my computer, some in a pile with my keys and glasses and hat (those are my EDC knives), one in the trunk of my car, one in a compartment easily reachable while driving the car, and some in a kitchen drawer.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Two questions:

1 Would any of you ever keep a Salt knife in your shower or bathtub area ?
2 What type of Spyderco or other brand knife would be able to comfortably be carried in your sock or ankle?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Beloved wife hates it when I leave knives in the shower or bathtub but when I dress up to go out ...

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

I have 8 various knives on my desk in front of me right. Probably 13 on top of a chest of camping gear behind me. 12+? in my gunsafe to the left of that. And probably at least double that amount in my bedroom scattered around. And then there are the machetes in the garage...
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

And I just found my serrated native 5 lw and a opinel in a compartment in my car I thought I never used. Glorious.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I also have little ones so I have to be careful, but I do like to have them near at hand no matter where I am in the house. Also the car. Also at work. Basically anywhere I’ll be frequently has a knife stashed. I only like carrying one, but that doesn’t mean I can’t have access to more.
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

Bedroom nightstand, home office desk, laptop bag, at my cottage and on the kitchen counter is where I tend to leave knives.

I have a 5yr old daughter that is super cautious around my knives, but I make sure everything is out of reach...

I always have a couple lying around that I can reach for if one isn’t in my pocket.
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

I keep a few knives on my nightstand,coffee table,chest of drawers and pretty much every room in the house.I don't like looking for stuff.