Living as a modern-day "Cave Man" or "Cave Person": How difficult would it be?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
StuntZombie

Re: Living as a modern-day "Cave Man" or "Cave Person": How difficult would it be?

Post by StuntZombie »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:18 am
Wow that is scary Bloke! Where is that from? What movie? Or is that a real video?

I hope you all don't think I am crazy but I do think there is the possibility of mutated human and mutated animal creatures living in these places; not just the smaller niche-survivor creatures like Chris pointed out, but, actual evil humans who have mutated due to genetic problems or something, and some may be cannibals like that. I admit that this is speculation. I do not know for sure one way or the other.

But what are some good personal defense weapons and tools one should bring if they go there to those deep caverns? Powerful flash light beams and also powerful guns and knives?
It's from a movie called "The Taking of Deborah Logan".

As for mutated humans and animals, unless you're talking about the myriad creatures that no longer possess eyes after generations of living in caves, then you likely won't be finding any in the real world.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
kiwisailor

Re: Living as a modern-day "Cave Man" or "Cave Person": How difficult would it be?

Post by kiwisailor »

Bloke wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:49 pm
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:18 am
! ...
That’s 100% real!

Filmed on a recent (Classified) Research trip to New Zealand with two World Renowned Speleologists.
SEF, Takaka area in North West of the South Island (Mainland) in N.Z., is World renowned for the extensive Cave System.
It is continually being explored and mapped by Spelunkers.
Quite a few people have been lost in this system over the years. Some are rescued, some not.

It is believed (yet to be scientifically proven) that this System is so extensive, it extends all the way to Tasmania, which is the Island at bottom of Australia across the Tasman Sea.

Over the Years, we have had a huge number of Sheep go missing, believed stolen and herded through the Tunnel system to Australia and passed off as genuine Aussie sheep.

To make matters worse, Blue prints of our Secret Technology are being smuggled in the Colonic cavities of said Sheep.
These are quickly recovered by the Aussies by Digital exploration upon arriving.
Actually, Bloke has kindly posted a video of this in (Sharks, myth or fact?)

NZ sheep of course are much more refined both in Wool quality and Intelligence.

There have been rumours of this Video for a few Decades now.
Kudos to Bloke for “outing it”
The Cave video is of a Shepherd who unfortunately got caught by one of the Australian Cave Men.

This proves beyond all doubt that Aussies give better head.. :D
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

kiwisailor wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:49 pm
NZ sheep ...
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Wow he's really high tailing it out of there!

Yes I have a sheepish grin :D
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
kiwisailor

Post by kiwisailor »

Bloke, that's the Darling River in the background.

Aussie sheep without a doubt.
I should have known you'd try and pull the wool over my eyes.

Bottoms up..
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

kiwisailor wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 am
Darling ...
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
kiwisailor

Post by kiwisailor »

Did you buy the Necklace for Her Valentine day pressie?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The one thing I truly believe that would bring most soft Americans to their knees would be if the electric grid and running water were both shut off for an extended period of time. After talking to one of my mom's brothers ( Uncle Jimmy) I've come to the sad conclusion that many Americans just could not handle a survival situation for a protracted period of time. Let's face it I think there is a case to be made that most Americans are just spoiled rotten and we take our luxuries for granted. I've also spoke to one of my Great Aunts before she died and the account she gave me of the Great Depression was worse than a Stephen King horror movie :eek:

After talking to her for over 3 hours about the subject I don't think it would take over 4 days at the very most that most US cities would go into total mayhem and people would soon become animalistic in many cases. Because let's face it most of us modern day Americans ( non Amish) have had it so nice and easy with modern day conveniences that many of us just couldn't mentally handle it. Now I do think that many of the Amish people are ready for a societal breakdown. They don't rely on luxuries and utilities like most of us are addicted to.

It almost makes me laugh in a way because a lot of these survivalists and preppers I've met and gone to meetings with really don't have a full picture of what they would be up against. Many of them are great, well meaning people but I doubt if hardly any of them know what they would really be up against. And it would get really ugly really quickly too. GOD help us :(
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

What is the best thing to do if you have found a cave you want to live in, and, want to put some kind of door or gate on it so you can be the only one with access? What would be best for this? Would you look into some sort of iron mesh or grilled heavy weight iron or steel gate that can somehow be attached into the rock with some form of heavy duty drill system to anchor hinges and other things into the rock? Would you also consider using some kind of rubber gasket material to seal it from air and water and bugs?