MLB World Series

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bearfacedkiller

Re: MLB World Series

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Go Sox!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:23 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:17 am
Any predictions about Game 3? I think Boston will win, but by a narrow margin. Boston is a machine this year.
I gotta agree Dan.
Although Buelher is a fantastic pitcher for the Dodgers.
It will prolly a close game either way.
But....if the Red Sox win tonight, then they will be up 3-0, and no team has ever came back from a 3-0 deficit to win the World Series. This is pretty much a must win game for Los Angeles.
I concur, tonight is a must win for LA.

I've been a Dodger fan since the late 70's by proxy when LA and the Yankees went at it so much. I'd watch the series with my dad and he would always talk about his favorite players like Sandy Koufax, Harmon Killabrew, Duke Snider, Carl Yastemski..... I didn't really follow MLB closely, well no more close than any 9 year old, then Fernandomania happened and I was hooked! Dodgers fan 1st but I generally will watch any team (except Giants :D ) and have favorite players from all over.

Kershaw has been must watch tv for years and I'm really liking this Bueller kid and he's a Kentucky boy to boot. Love watching a lot of Boston's players too, Betts and Devers are fun to watch. Devers homer last year off Chapman's 103mph heater, nuts....kid's got chops!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh Larry, Fernando!! Man, does THAT bring back memories lol.
We must be close to the same age.
My dad favorite was Mickey Mantle. He didnt so much like the Yankees, but he was very fond of The Mick.
My Aunt and Uncle are from California, Los Angeles and Big Bear to be exact. My aunt loves the Dodgers, and my Uncle Giants. Which makes me think of Madison Bumgarner. He is from my neighboring county here in NC. I love to watch him pitch. And, he can hit too! A year or so ago, he and Kershaw went head to head, and not only did Bumgarner win, he hit also hit a homer off Kershaw. I would love to see the Braves sign Bumgarner.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:59 am
My dad favorite was Mickey Mantle. He didnt so much like the Yankees, but he was very fond of The Mick.
My Aunt and Uncle are from California, Los Angeles and Big Bear to be exact. My aunt loves the Dodgers, and my Uncle Giants. Which makes me think of Madison Bumgarner. He is from my neighboring county here in NC. I love to watch him pitch. And, he can hit too! A year or so ago, he and Kershaw went head to head, and not only did Bumgarner win, he hit also hit a homer off Kershaw. I would love to see the Braves sign Bumgarner.
Yep closing in on 47... Watched that game live! All Kershaw could do is turn and watch it go. My dad loved Mickey too but didn't care for the Yankees. Mad bum would make a good fit for the Braves and give them the "seasoned veteran" to go along with the young studs they got now.

About the only time I could get to watch the Dodgers back then would be if they were playing the Braves on TBS or Cubs on WGN. It would have to be a "game of the week" to see them playing anyone else.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:09 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:59 am
Yep closing in on 47... Watched that game live! All Kershaw could do is turn and watch it go. My dad loved Mickey too but didn't care for the Yankees. Mad bum would make a good fit for the Braves and give them the "seasoned veteran" to go along with the young studs they got now.

About the only time I could get to watch the Dodgers back then would be if they were playing the Braves on TBS or Cubs on WGN. It would have to be a "game of the week" to see them playing anyone else.
Absolutely. Same here. That's when Atlanta was in the NL West.
I tell ya, we grew up in a good time....
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Buehler can really shoot the pill....
Off to a good start.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, its 2:04 a.m. and bottom of the 14th inning, tied 2-2
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I think we just rolled into the top of the 15th inning.....yup...we did.
This is MacLaren reporting live from his living room on the East Coast but not sure foe how much longer lol..
2:13 a.m.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Watching in the lunch room on overnights, it's 1:18 here in mn.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, that was a lovely top of the 15th....I'm signing off and turning things over to our Land of 10,000 Lakes affiliat sjucaveman.
Take her away sjucaveman
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I walked through at about 2:15 am during the bottom on the 17th. Can't believe it went an inning past that.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

My heavens, 18 innings. Muncy finally lifts a lead off homer to end it. Game starts at 8 ends at 330 am est.
Final
LA 3
Boston 2
*Edit* Needless to say longest game in WS history
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well gang, what do yall predict for Game 4 tonight?
I think we may have a slug fest on our hands. I know the Red Sox went thru a lot of pitchers last night, and so did the Dodgers lol.
It would be really cool to see the starting right fielder take the mound lol.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

wow! What a game! That was a real battle. :eek: I watched a good bit of it until the satellite went out towards the end.

The one thing that marred the game was Turner trying to cripple Xander. He purposely slid into Xander's support leg long after he was out. He was out when he was running upright, but decided to try something dirty. There is no room for that kind of crap in baseball.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Talk about free baseball. The fans in L.A. got two games for the price of 1 :D :eek:
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

What a rollercoaster ride. Even the wifey stayed up to 2am but once it went to the 17th I just extended the recording a few hrs and watched the end when I got up.

Felt like Danny Glover after a while...getting to old for this crud :D

I really think this helps LA going so late. The 3 hr time zone difference has to play a role, probably didn't get in bed until around 5 am est or so. Funny how so many little thing can change the outcome of a baseball game. Kinsler rushed the throw that would have ended the game, the little dribbler and error that gave a Boston the lead.

Not taking away Porcello's good start but Bueller was incredible.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Bueller was a true Ace last night. And, I firmly believe had they left him in the game, it would have ended 1-0 L.A.
However, I can understand why they took him out. But, if this were game 7, then he's in the whole game. And, like Joe Girardi said, I would hate to face Walker Bueller in a game 7.
P.S. me and the wife for about the whole time Bueller pitched, we were saying to each other.... " Bueller.....Bueller.......Bueller... :D
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

A real waste of an amazing performance by Nathan Eovaldi.

LA had a big advantage due to the time zone difference. Being up at 12:30 am in LA is nothing compared to 3:30 am EST. Should carry over tonight also if it goes late.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, looks like we may have a great World Series on our hands.
If the Dodgers tie it at 2 games a piece. Which now, looks that way.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:16 pm
Well, looks like we may have a great World Series on our hands.
If the Dodgers tie it at 2 games a piece. Which now, looks that way.
Spoke too soon!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick