Bearded Axes? Broad Axes?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderScout

Re: Bearded Axes? Broad Axes?

Post by SpyderScout »

Sjucaveman wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:38 am
I've been thrown and I have a beard of that counts.
It does. :D :D
Is your name Francisca by any chance? :D

Bloke wrote:
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

SpyderScout wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Umm...yes, several seems to have reached the same conclusion, that with the vague 'they,' Doc might have meant the throwing axe of the Franks;
Yeah, sorry I missed the other page when I commented.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

How did this thread get off on bearded women and various political discussions :rolleyes: ???>>> BLOKE!!!??? We need to talk about this right now :eek: :D A sense of humor is great>> and I have one myself but this train got seriously derailed :rolleyes:

Well with all the distractions aside I just saw a most interesting video on sharpening a bearded axe. It seems like they are easier to sharpen than the modern/ standard axes are.

Also I was looking at two websites that sold supplies for rock hounds and geologists and it seems like these bearded axes have modern uses as well.

Forget the old Alice Cooper concerts and please forget about bearded women for GOD's sake>> this thread is about "bearded axes and
"broad axes">> and I believe the latter was inspired by bearded axes. OK let the discussion continue ;)
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:38 pm
Forget the old Alice Cooper concerts and please forget about bearded women for GOD's sake>> this thread is about "bearded axes and
"broad axes">> and I believe the latter was inspired by bearded axes. OK let the discussion continue ;)
Cue Bloke with a picture of a "broad" somehow combined with an axe.

Seriously, where does he come up with all these images?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TomAiello wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:17 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:38 pm
Cue Bloke with a picture of a "broad" somehow combined with an axe.

Seriously, where does he come up with all these images?
You got me there>> I have no idea where Brother BLOKE get's his somewhat warped and vastly humorous concoctions but his brain is certainly not of a conventional, textbook mass of gray matter>> Maybe he's an alien :eek: :D Most certainly from another dimension if not from a completely different planet :rolleyes: But I like BLOKE and this forum has improved vastly in quality since he got his Spyderville citizenship :cool:

But I bet they do use a lot of axes in his homeland. Bearded I'm not so sure.