NFL Season Again

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season Again

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:00 pm
I'm tense and stressing, and these aren't even my teams!!! Freakin insane game!!! Joe, I hope you're doing ok bud. This game...I'm speechless
Do you guys agree with me that Andy Reid should get axed? I truly think him and most of the Chiefs coaching staff needs to be fired immediately so they can get some aggressive coaches for all of this talent we have put together. There was no reason for that loss at ARROWHEAD at all. It was just truly lousy coaching from beginning to end. They had no valid game plan for tonight's game at all. They all seemed just clueless, especially the defense. If they don't at least fire Bob Sutton ( the defensive coordinator) then you'll just see more of the same>> constant never ending disappointments.

I've listened to the local KC Sports stations tonight and this entire city is absolutely livid :mad: And they have a right to be because that game should not have been lost.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I wouldn't be in a hurry to axe a coach that produced such a great season. They aren't easy to come by and changing every few years produces perennial losers like Detroit and Cleveland. If you want frustration try being a fan of them. :) Your team no matter who coaches next year will have to deal with the loss of talent from free agency ( and injuries etc.) that happens to winning teams that have their players stolen by eager teams who want just a part of the season KC had.

Also, don't get mad about the Patriots doing what they do. Their whole game plan revolves around taking away the opponents strengths while exploiting the weaknesses. They do it better than anybody in history. It has made Tom Brady rather than the other way around. KC has weaknesses and strengths like everyone else. If you want to figure out how the pros see your coaching look no further than how many of the other teams would love to have your Off.Coordinater. I'd bet some will be trying to hire away your defensive line coaches too after seeing what they made of the guys like Chris Jones.

Your team is a good team that is exciting. Be glad you have that. :)

Lion fan since 1976 :D

Joe
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

What an incredible couple of games yesterday.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The Mastiff wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:24 am
I wouldn't be in a hurry to axe a coach that produced such a great season. They aren't easy to come by and changing every few years produces perennial losers like Detroit and Cleveland. If you want frustration try being a fan of them. :) I'd bet some will be trying to hire away your defensive line coaches too after seeing what they made of the guys like Chris Jones.

Your team is a good team that is exciting. Be glad you have that. :)

Lion fan since 1976 :D
Points well taken>> and you're about 95% correct with one small exception. The defensive coordinator Bob Sutton has just laid too many eggs in the past 2 years. Last night I listened to a sports radio station locally and almost every call was about getting rid of Bob Sutton ( DC). And I must admit that we don't have Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith like we did in the defensive golden era of the mid to late 90s. And truly we may be only one spark plug away from having a well timed defensive unit.

My Brother said about 15 years ago that "Defense Wins Championships". You only have to look at the 1985 Chicago Bears and the 2000 Baltimore Ravens to see the raw truth in that one. And defenses like that only come around about every 20 to 30 years. Also this was basically Patrick Mahomes Rookie year>> because last year all he did was carry a clipboard and follow Alex Smith around. And it's probably not realistic to expect a rookie to win the Superbowl in his first full year.

I can't even imagine the agony of being a Detroit Lions fan :confused: :o . Yeah I should be thankful for the year that we did have.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

abbazaba wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:04 am
What an incredible couple of games yesterday.
No kidding!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Go Pats!

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:44 am
Go Pats!
Heaven FORBID!!! :mad: Go RAMs :cool: This is a classic case of where the "Enemy of my Enemy Is My Automatic Friend" ;)

And just think for a second>> as recent as 24 hours ago hardly no one gave the Rams even so much as a long shot chance of beating the Saints>> in their home stadium no less. And did it with a 57 yard field goal at that :cool:

Truly and seriously I don't any longer have a dog in this fight but I always take delight when the arrogance of Lord Brady is taken down a notch. Just like Nick Foles did to him last year :D Not to mention what the wonderful New York Giants did to him twice :D I rest my case :cool:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:44 am
Go Pats!
;)
LETS GO PATS!

-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

New England 43
Los Angeles 24

The Patriots leave no doubt.....
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I dont think it's going to be very close either...hope I'm wrong like my championship game predictions!

Patriots win. 34-17

Cordarrelle Paterson returns opening kickoff for a td.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, now watch the Rams blow out the Pat's.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:27 pm
That's the plan! ;)

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:42 pm
MacLaren wrote:
That's the plan! ;)
Lol, right!
Seriously I'm like you on that I have a hunch the Pat's will rout the Rams. But ya never really know. Just jo way to actually predict.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

It just hit me...11years ago to the day, was the greatest moment of my life as a sports fan. The day the Giants knocked off the previously undefeated Patriots!

That year, my gf at the time and I split up and decided to let her keep the apartment and I moved back home to save some money for my own place. The Giants won the wild card and traveled to Tampa to play the Bucs. I was pretty sick that Sunday and stayed home to watch the game instead of going out with my buddies. Sure enough, we win.

The next game they traveled to Dallas, my superstitious self stayed home and watched it in my room, since that's what worked before. Boom....another win. Same thing the following game when they traveled to frigid Green Bay and Tom Coughlin's face was so incredibly red haha. Won that game as well, as I watched from my room.

Super Bowl Sunday comes and my friends are calling saying I have to go to someones party, or out to the bar and that I can't possibly watch the game by myself at home. I didn't even watch those games with my parents, as they watched them in the living room.

So there I was, watching the Giants and Patriots in my room. Wearing the same clothes, sitting in the same recliner, changing the position I sat each quarter, drinking the same beer I drank from the Cowboys game on...

That Super Bowl, my parents had a few friends over but my superstitions kept me upstairs. As the game is going on, I'm naturally FREAKING OUT. I eventually strip down to just my boxers, as I was a sweaty mess. Tom Bradys final pass attempt falls incomplete, I fall to my knees mentally drained, excited and crying...as a 24 year old hahah.

Next thing I know I hear my mom flying up the stairs screaming, she bursts into my room and I greet her jumping up and down, screaming and yelling things that probably didn't make any sense. After about 20 seconds or so...she backs away and says "why are you so sweaty and in your boxers??" We laugh it up and she heads downstairs as I then try to wrap my head around what I just watched.

I will never forget that night, and the emotions I had. I had never been so proud to say I was a New York Giants fan. Can't believe it was 11 years ago today, and how much my life had changed since then.

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
I most certainly hope so. Because actually I think that the Rams have really surprised me how well they did in the playoffs. However if they rig it to let Lord Brady win again It will ultimately destroy revenues for the NFL. Everyone I've talked to this week wants anything else but New England.

After watching the instant replays of those extremely bad calls in both the NFC and AFC playoffs I'm really wondering about the integrity of both of those games :rolleyes: . And for both of them to go into overtime also has me really suspicious. If Brady wins again I might just drop football all together just like I did with Major league baseball about 20 years ago :mad: . Baseball got so disgusting I couldn't even watch it when the KC Royals were in the World Series two years in a row. Yep I might just be giving up the NFL and NBA both completely. But I'll see how today's game turns out. It would be nice for Lord Brady to lose two Superbowls in a row :rolleyes: .

Everybody I talked to thinks that New Orleans and KC both got shafted with those bad calls in those playoff games. I couldn't agree more :(
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I'm ready for a good game! You know who I'm taking to win! ;)

:spyder:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Unbelievable.....Tom Brady, Lord of the Rings.
Seriously, the Pittsburgh Steeler franchise has been to 8 Super Bowls. Brady, has been to 9.....
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:15 pm
Unbelievable.....Tom Brady, Lord of the Rings.
Seriously, the Pittsburgh Steeler franchise has been to 8 Super Bowls. Brady, has been to 9.....
Gotta give it to him. The man is so clutch.

I just hate how suddenly, out of the blue "patriot fans" popped up in this thread the past few weeks...where were you guys all season while this thread was going on???

Funny how the past few years, I've encountered more Patriots, Eagles, Warriors, Cavs fans than I've ever met my entire life. I'm sure if the Rams won tonight, it would be the same thing. Most "Patriots fans" cant answer a simple trivia question prior to 2001...

Bandwagon is so easy to hop on :mad:

I live in Massachusetts or the north east, I'm suddenly validated. Makes me sick.

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

WOOOOOOO!!!!! IM SOOO HYPED RIGHT NOW!!!! SIX RINGS BABY!!! :D

I never doubted this team! Couple bumps along the way this season but you don't ever count out Bill Belichick and Tom Brady!

Born and raised in New England! HATE US BECAUSE YOU AINT US! ;)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Where were you all year?? Easy to ride the coattails of others achievements

-Rick