Apology

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MichaelScott

Apology

Post by MichaelScott »

I herewith apologize to any of my Spyder brothers and sisters whom I may have offended by some of my health-related posts. I was justly called for being harsh in one of my replies.

Dealing with what is incurable cancer and spending months with the possibility that it would spread to my brain (it didn’t) and all of the medical tests and procedures that engendered has blinded me to my responsibilities as a courteous and respectful human.

So, my apologies to all I have offended.

Now, back to knives.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
bearfacedkiller

Re: Apology

Post by bearfacedkiller »

This world is filled with both good and bad people. You are one of the good ones. Your contributions have clearly shown that you are an intelligent and compassionate person.

“To err is human, to forgive divine.” Alexander Pope

There are many good people on this forum who’s thoughts and prayers go out to you. Stay strong my friend and cherish the time you have on this earth. Much love from me and mine sent to you and yours.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Michael,

No apologies are necessary, my friend. I did not find anything that you said to be overly harsh or out of line. I think that if I were in your position, I would have reacted similarly--only with far less decorum.

If you ever need to talk, I am here for you too.

Take care,

-Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:49 pm
This world is filled with both good and bad people. You are one of the good ones. Your contributions have clearly shown that you are an intelligent and compassionate person.

“To err is human, to forgive divine.” Alexander Pope

There are many good people on this forum who’s thoughts and prayers go out to you. Stay strong my friend and cherish the time you have on this earth. Much love from me and mine sent to you and yours.
I could not have said it better.

Michael, I echo Darby's sentiment and I'm sure you know I'm always good for a chat.

Best Regards

Alex :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Michael, no apologies needed but thank you anyway. :)

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you my friend.

All the best,

Connor
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Michael,

Actually I’m grateful with your sharing and wish you the best of time while you still enjoy them with your loved ones. Don’t think apology is needed.

To light up, I found it funny that Michael enjoys a knofe created by Michael ... I’m sure you know what it means ;).
Chris :spyder:
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

I took no offense, and can fully sympathize - my screen name comes from the results of cancer surgery for 4th stage melanoma. On Dec 2nd, 1995 I was diagnosed an given a less than 5% chance to live long term. The next 2 years were a whirlwind of surgeries, radiation, xrays, labs, and various other Dr appointments - all while still trying to stay in the Army. Things eventually settled down to a new normalcy. Lost use of my left arm/hand, big chunk out of my neck, and a piece of my right lung. Sucks, and it ended my Army career, but I'm still above ground. Additionally I've worked in the medical field for a long time. Not a day goes by at work that I don't see one patient that makes me realize I'm not as bad off as some. Lately I'm thinking that raising 2 teenage boys might get me before the cancer does :)

Prayers sent as you fight this battle.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Thank you everyone who responded.

Michael + Michael = Rhino

Halfneck, yep, I can relate. We got a boy and girl through teen years. They are both doing well. It can be done!
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I’m another who doesn’t think you have anything to apologise for, Michael.

However, as far as I’m concerned, the fact that you’ve reconsidered your remark, concluded that you do and also acted accordingly reaffirms your position as one of the real gentlemen of this Forum.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I do not even know what you are talking about. I guess I did not read it. However, no worries from me.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

At least you have a good reason. Some guys lately are just pricks for no apparent reason. I've had my share of hardships this year but I try to make this a positive place to get my mind off those things instead of taking it out on other people here.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

all I could say has been said already by the folks above me Sir,

no apologies needed and you're one of the "good gentlemen" of this forum
Calicoast

Post by Calicoast »

I am going to step up and say that it was me that made that comment, and felt that some of Michael's replies lately have been harsh. It was just my off the cuff observation, and it was more to lighten the mood of the forum, being that we are just talking about knives, and this forum has been a bit of sanctuary for me as well. I overlooked his personal battle with cancer.

I apologized to Michael directly to where I stated that I should not have responded the way that I did, and should have sent him a message directly. He apologized to me, and he accepted my apology, to where I felt an apology was not required from him.

I would like to add that cancer hits close to home for me. My uncle died last year of liver cancer. My wifes mother has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of the spine after battling breast cancer and beating it over the last
year. For the last 2 months, my wife's mother has been in and out of the hospital jumping one hurdle after another. My wife and her mother are very close, and it's been very emotional to say the least while she visits her mom daily, and I am raising our 1-1/2 year old daughter.

Plan on talking to Michael over the phone this week. And I look forward to our conversation. I will leave it at that.
C
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Calicoast wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:23 am
...Plan on talking to Michael over the phone this week. And I look forward to our conversation. I will leave it at that. \
Do take the opportunity to talk with Michael. He's a nice guy and very interesting to talk to. I've truly enjoyed our conversations.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Calicoast

Post by Calicoast »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:57 am
Calicoast wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:23 am
...Plan on talking to Michael over the phone this week. And I look forward to our conversation. I will leave it at that. \
Do take the opportunity to talk with Michael. He's a nice guy and very interesting to talk to. I've truly enjoyed our conversations.
My comment to Michael was never meant to be negative, it was meant to be positive. Sometimes written words do not come across like they should. I really enjoy reading his posts, and I am really looking forward to having a great conversation with him this week.
C
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Michael, I just want to say, I think you are an "alright guy". I have noted some of your posts and wondered about what you are going through. I am glad this is a place you can visit and find decent folks and some kind of uplift. You have never done anything to offend me, and I sure hope I have never done anything to annoy you. Hang in there.

Today is my first visit to the "off-topic" section, BTW. Best regards to Michael and the rest of you.