more 4V please

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ferider

more 4V please

Post by ferider »

So, we had PM3, hollow ground Manix 2 and Mule in 4V.

Can we have some more, like in a Military, PM2, flat ground Manix 2, or - dare I ask :) - in a Manix XL, please ?

What are the plans, Sal ? Thanks !

Roland.
Pelagic

Re: more 4V please

Post by Pelagic »

This is certainly one of the best all around options in any knife, imo. I feel it'll soon get much more popular than it already is.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

The Province should be coming out soon and it's CPM 4V.
Barmoley

Post by Barmoley »

Is there an estimate of when? Great design by the way.
Also, would be excellent in k390, but 4v is probably a better over all option.
Thanks.
Barmoley

Post by Barmoley »

Double tap.

sal
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Ferider,

It's a fairly new steel, pitched as an improvement over 3V. We're trying it in various models and watching reactions.

Many of our variations in steel and handle materials are exclusives to distributors and dealers. There are just too many possibilities for us to create and maintain as regular inventory. Those exclusive customers watch this forum very closely too see what you are asking for. That's why many of our newer models are made with basic steels or handle materials ( like the Shaman ). This leaves options to exclusives.

The exclusives program is very popular and quite complicated because of all of the materials involved and the difficulties in acquiring these materials; Lead times, minimum quantities, costs, used by other exclusive customer, etc. The exclusive customer has the right to mare-make the model and we will usually hold that particular combination for them.

So you will probably see more 4V, either from us or from exclusives.

FYI, you need to know that these exclusives are difficult for a customer to commit to. The gamble is on them. There selection is important and requires that they stay informed on what we doing. Some do well. Threads like this one help them ( and us ) to see what you want.

sal
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Barmoley,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
archangel

Post by archangel »

Manix XL in 4V is music in my ears.... :rolleyes:
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Barmoley

Post by Barmoley »

sal wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:41 am
Hi Barmoley,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thank you for the welcome Sal. Do you have any timelines you are comfortable sharing for Province production?
archangel

Post by archangel »

Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

Glad to hear the excitement for 4v. I remember several years back talking to Jim about the difference between M4 and 4v and he totally converted me.

I'm excited to see more people get a chance to experience the power of 4v.
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
Catamount123

Post by Catamount123 »

Although Cruwear would be my first choice, I’d buy a Manix 2 XL in 4V.
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
Conan

Post by Conan »

Another vote for a Manix 2 XL in 4V. But I would take a Manix 2 also!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Im very grateful to St Nicks and Fradon Lock for taking a chance on 4V. I didnt pick up the Manix due to the sabre grind and the CF scales as I prefer FFG and G10. I suspect many others passed for these reasons as well. Id buy a Manix in 4V with a FFG and G10 in a heartbeat. I definitely hope St Nicks keeps that combo of DLC 4V and red G10. Id buy a Native, Manix, Military, and Shaman, and heck probably even a Lil Native. And a Manix XL. Lol. And switch to red FRN and ill take a Manix LW, Native LW, and Para 3 LW as well with the DLC 4V.

Basically, keep it coming with the 4V!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

4V would be pretty amazing as an exclusive or sprint run on the Police 4. Probably an absolute nightmare to make happen since it's a Seki City knife though.
ferider

Post by ferider »

sal wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:40 am
Hi Ferider,

It's a fairly new steel, pitched as an improvement over 3V. We're trying it in various models and watching reactions.

Many of our variations in steel and handle materials are exclusives to distributors and dealers. There are just too many possibilities for us to create and maintain as regular inventory. Those exclusive customers watch this forum very closely too see what you are asking for. That's why many of our newer models are made with basic steels or handle materials ( like the Shaman ). This leaves options to exclusives.

The exclusives program is very popular and quite complicated because of all of the materials involved and the difficulties in acquiring these materials; Lead times, minimum quantities, costs, used by other exclusive customer, etc. The exclusive customer has the right to mare-make the model and we will usually hold that particular combination for them.

So you will probably see more 4V, either from us or from exclusives.

FYI, you need to know that these exclusives are difficult for a customer to commit to. The gamble is on them. There selection is important and requires that they stay informed on what we doing. Some do well. Threads like this one help them ( and us ) to see what you want.

sal
Thanks for the detailed answer, Sal. Hopefully one of my favorite shops (DLT, BHQ, Fradon Lock, GPN, etc.) is reading this, including the repeated (bi-weekly) request from a whole group of us for a new Manix XL in a tool steel. That one in 4V would be about the perfect knife for me, and I'm sure a few hundred would easily sell, even if priced around the $200 - 250 mark. Just saying :)

Cheers,

Roland.
missouried

Post by missouried »

Greetings fellow Spyderco fans and Spyderco. I too am new to the forum and love reading your comments. I recently purchased one of the Fradon Lock Manix 2 exclusives in 4v. It’s a beautiful knife, the quality is amazing. The stainless liners and the well designed jimping and well placed adds to the thoughtful design. I also like the stainless pocket clip on the black marble scales. I have several boutique EDC knives and this is a much better EDC and exceeds them in many ways. Am I a Spyderco fan, yes!

Would I buy more 4v you bet, mabe a para 2. How about a manix 2 xl or Millie in M4 too.

Blessings to all
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

missouried wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:06 pm
Greetings fellow Spyderco fans and Spyderco. I too am new to the forum and love reading your comments. I recently purchased one of the Fradon Lock Manix 2 exclusives in 4v. It’s a beautiful knife, the quality is amazing. The stainless liners and the well designed jimping and well placed adds to the thoughtful design. I also like the stainless pocket clip on the black marble scales. I have several boutique EDC knives and this is a much better EDC and exceeds them in many ways. Am I a Spyderco fan, yes!

Would I buy more 4v you bet, mabe a para 2. How about a manix 2 xl or Millie in M4 too.

Blessings to all

Welcome to the forum missouried! I see this post is a few weeks old but your username caught my eye. ;)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
vivi

Post by vivi »

archangel wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:00 pm
Manix XL sprints period would be awesome. It's incredibly neglected....run in two steels in a decade while the Para 3 is run in 5 new steels per month.

How nice it must be for those of you with preferences that align with what the market demands. I'm jealous of your options :D
:unicorn
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Vivi wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:23 pm
archangel wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:00 pm
Manix XL sprints period would be awesome. It's incredibly neglected....run in two steels in a decade while the Para 3 is run in 5 new steels per month.

How nice it must be for those of you with preferences that align with what the market demands. I'm jealous of your options :D
You're not the only one.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?