Which Spyderco Haunts You Most?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cycleguy

Which Spyderco Haunts You Most?

Post by cycleguy »

So...

Of all the Spydercos, "Which One Haunts You The Most"?

The one you're always thinking about. The one you dream of. The one that makes you drool. The one you just can't get out of your head. Maybe, the one that got away. The one you missed out on. The one you let go. Maybe even the one that hasn't been made yet!

I know each and every one of you feels this... so let's hear it

"Which Spyderco Haunts You The Most"???

For me ... it is the Spyderco Kopa Scrimshaw Owl. Have only seen it once, in a display, and have never been able to quit thinking about it since... :D

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
abbazaba

Re: Which Spyderco Haunts You Most?

Post by abbazaba »

PM2 FRN LW with deep carry wire clip. Ever since the Para3 LW was announced I can't stop thinking about how great the PM2 version could be.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

1.) Shaman: By many of it's specs not my kind of knife (quite heavy, thick blade, comp.lock, choil taking away lots of edge... all features I do not particulary like), still just totally connects with me when I get to handle one. Feels just absolutely perfect. I know I will own one eventually anyway, still keep myself from ordering like every second day... so this knife is a lot in my mind..

2.) Stretch 1: The thought that somehow I could loose all three I own (2 VG10, 1 HAP 40) and not be able to find a replacement anymore "haunts" me sometimes... though I know that will never happen in reality.. ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'd like to have some of the Kopas but the pricing on the secondary market keeps me away.

Otherwise, I have most of the current models that I like. I'm considering getting a Paysan when they're released but still not sure if I'll actually buy it.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Nate

Post by Nate »

Most recently it was the full-sized white micarta Jess Horn, but I was fortunate enough to take possession of one yesterday. :D
:spyder:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

DLT PM2 in M390.

Right when I was getting interested in Spyderco and was debating if I wanted to spend that kind of money on a knife (coming from Kershaws) I was watching a lot of youtube review videos. I came across a video that mentioned DLT trading. If my memory serves me right, though I could be wrong...I went to their website and was looking at PM2's as I was interested in the model. I came across it and was about to put it in my cart, when I then saw the OD green with the DLC blade for a few dollars less. That model appealed to me much more, and pulled the trigger on it.

Looking back, I'm not sure if the M390 was actually available but I feel like it was going to allow me to add it to my cart. I don't regret buying the OD green model, as I really love that knife...but having the possibility of having a very sought after knife, and not realizing the rare opportunity I may have had, has bothered me the past year now. BUTTTTTTT...Now that I know there is going to be a 2nd run on the M390, I'm be sure not to miss it!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Those titanium-scaled Chaparrals do get me thinking from time to time...
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Maximumsmoochy

Post by Maximumsmoochy »

Different types of hauntings:
1) Missed opportunities that are unlikely to come again = Lil' Nilakka and PM2 Rex 45, both available at good street price from reputable Canadian vendors, both now in my regret bank

2) Grails that tick away in the back of my mind but I can't really justify = Spydiechef

3) Ghosts that you can see in your peripheral vision, but they vanish once you turn and look closely = Smock
Past: Dragonfly, Air, Rhino, Lil' Native, Techno 2, Caly Jr., Brouwer, Chap LW, Para3, N5, Watu, ‘Chef, Mantra 2, SSStretch, PM2, Smock, Shaman, Advocate, GB2, Kapara, Military, Bradley Bowie, Province

Present: P4 K390 FRN

Future: Para3 Cruwear (someday)

Regrets: Most of them
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Maximumsmoochy,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
vivi

Post by vivi »

foliage green C95 Manix. They came out just after I took a break from this forum, and by the time I found out about them, they were all gone.

To this day it's still a knife I'd love to get my hands on. The C95 will always be a favorite of mine, and foliage green is one of my favorite colors for a knife handle. I always hunt down green micarta runs of the fixed blades I buy.
:unicorn
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

The one that always seems to slip through my fingers.... the full sized micarta Calypso models in PE & SE
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Nate wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:49 am
Most recently it was the full-sized white micarta Jess Horn, but I was fortunate enough to take possession of one yesterday. :D
Wow nice score!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SG89

Post by SG89 »

That anniversary delica is pretty darn sweet, also the c27 for vintage knives. Was finally able to lock down a calypso jr pe micarta so got my micarta fix. the para 3 lw and Swayback for future knives
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
FK

Post by FK »

I regret selling my early issue Civilian, aluminum scales with Tuffram coating and Kraton insert on scales and clip.

Used market is very pricey for reacquisition.

FK
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Thor damascus 40th anniversary Native 5.

I've hovered over the add to cart/ buy it now button a few times, probably hover a few more :D
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Joey

Post by Joey »

Burgundy Calypso jr. in ZDP-189 laminate. I’ve had a chance at a used one, but the price wasn’t right. I haven’t seen one for sale since. The Spydie Chef has been on my radar for a while now as well, but I keep buying other knives instead for some reason.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

The black Almite CX06 Michael Walker. The only Walker missing in my collection.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
ferider

Post by ferider »

It was haunting me but is in the mail now. A 440v SE Military :)
jimc

Post by jimc »

mine has to be the British blades forum knife, i started the idea and the thread many years ago on the forum, which quickly gathered pace and i believe a concept was made, unfortunately due to a marriage break up and then ill health i never knew what happened with the project, sal, could you shed some light, did it ever materialize? i know you spoke on the thread while i was still around, unfortunately the forum is no more so i can not even go back and read through the thread. shame really as it promised to be a beautiful knife, i believed the popular design choice was to be in the style of the native but to be UK legal carry.
edc - orange G10 urban, vg-10.
edc/workers - honeybee, grasshopper.
home, utility, food prep - manix 2, cpm s30v.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Two I will never own, and one I will.

Hundred Pacer: an outstanding design and execution of a knife I wish I had owned when I actually had uses for it. Still, the design and execution just resonate with me.

Vrango: I favor small folders these days, knives I can actually carry and use. Again, I love the unique design of the handle and blade. I’ve not had a titanium knife so that is intriguing.

Para 3 LW: The only knife on my buy list as soon as it becomes available. I check SFO every day. I suspect it will be my favorite Spyderco and is within my price range. (Thanks to Sharp Guy for opening my mind about Para 3s.)
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation