Which Spyderco Haunts You Most?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
legOFwhat?

Re: Which Spyderco Haunts You Most?

Post by legOFwhat? »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:07 pm
The 204p para3 with the green handles and earth tone blade
That one upset my applecart.

Wore out my f5 key :( :p
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:46 pm
Spyderco Temperance fixed blade, all the B.S. talk putting down VG-10 kept me from buying it and now that I know better about VG-10 I wish I would have ignored the so called self appointed expert VG-10 ain't good enough experts. The knife is pretty hard to come by now without paying allot for it.

Would buy a new one today for a good price.
Like this.
https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/cat ... egory/421/
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

xceptnl wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:05 pm
The one that always seems to slip through my fingers.... the full sized micarta Calypso models in PE & SE
Of all the Spyderedged models I've ever owned and used the C-54 Calypso model is the only one I've ever had that actually out-performs my ATS-55 Stainless RESCUE model. And it continues to haunt me that I can't seem to replace the Spyderedged unit no matter what kind of trade offers I put up.

And he is right because there is most definitely a mystique that surrounds the big C-54 Calypso. The C-54 model is the best of all the Calypso series and unfortunately the one that gets the least respect :confused: >> especially in Spyderedge :cool:
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

For me, it would have to be the yellow zome s30v delica 4. I almost pulled the trigger on it a couple times but always found a reason not to. By the time I realized how great s30v is, they were gone.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Hah, at first I was like "haunts me? Okaaaay..." But honestly that's a really interesting question! I'd have to say 1) the SuperBlue Caly 3.5, and 2) the Kapara, not that it's been out for that long haha. I really hope that more of those are rolled out, and I REALLY hope that more SuperBlue anything comes out! After using several non-stainless steels it's like I couldn't care less about corrosion resistance lol.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Years ago the wife & I took a trip to Gatlinburg. Along the way we stopped at Smoky Mt Knife Works. While checking the place out I saw a SE Lil'Temp on sale for less than what I'd been seeing online. Wasn't in the Army anymore, was in college, decided to pass.

Also wished I'd picked up an original C27 Jess Horn.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

For me it’s the Caribbean plain edge. Just hard to justify, I have so many great users. It combines my favorite lock with a blade whose edge runs right to the handle, plus excellent corrosion resistance. I’ll probably get one eventually, but I’m being super frugal of late.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Obviously the Caribbean, I always dream about having it in my pocket again when I'm carrying something else.

Mantra 1: hate everything about it, yet I LOVE IT!!!

Baby Horn: Anyone who wants one better buy it before they are gone. You will be kicking yourself hard.

As far as hauntings by missed knives.

Kris... I can't justify the secondary pricea for a piece of jewelry that I know will see almost no use. I still want one!!!

Lil Nilakka... i wanted one, but couldn't get passed the liner lock. May buy one eventually.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's all for now.
Work calls.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Any form of Calypso Jr and caly

Lum tanto/lum fixed tanto and starmate - from my "golden era" tactical knife hero's

I have zero use for an ATR, but the design is beautiful and I loved the way it gripped
jdw

Post by jdw »

The SB Seki six. I sold them because I thought that I needed the money at the time and that I have plenty of knives. Turns out that I have enough money and not enough knives. A hard lesson learned.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Hossum fixed blades. By the time I discovered them, they were long gone out of production.
Talk about the Ultimate Sprint Run.....Hossums in 3V!!!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

SF Native wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:55 pm
Spyderco Temperance fixed blade, all the B.S. talk putting down VG-10 kept me from buying it and now that I know better about VG-10 I wish I would have ignored the so called self appointed expert VG-10 ain't good enough experts. The knife is pretty hard to come by now without paying allot for it.

Like this.
Oops my mistake I meant the Temperance2 with the G-10 slabs, that is the one I have been missing and looking for at a reasonable price. The first Temperance there is certainly a good price.

Thanks to all who have tried to help me find this knife at a good price. I really appreciate the private messages and the links.

Just so no one gets the wrong idea no one has tried to sell me anything, they have just been good hearted fellow Knife Nuts trying to help a brother. :)
awa54

Post by awa54 »

The one that got away is the Super Blue Delica... I was at the very beginning of my Spyd-diction and had no way of knowing how perfectly that knife would fit my tastes, so I didn't search for one very hard as they got snapped up and by the time I realized how much I wanted one the prices were out of control.

The G10 Delica is just a few steps behind the SB version in this race...
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:50 am
The Hossum fixed blades. By the time I discovered them, they were long gone out of production.
Talk about the Ultimate Sprint Run.....Hossums in 3V!!!
oh dang, yes! By the time I got into Spyderco these were long in the past.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

CBro wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:11 pm
The Caly 3.5 in SuperBlue!
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:29 pm
...the SuperBlue Caly 3.5
Yeah, I was chasing that one for a fair while too (at a non outrageous price) - the HAP40 models have eased the burn a bit, though. Always enjoyed seeing Panchango’s well used one.

At the moment, having recently acquired the Bradley Bowie, and Junction, I’ve been sorely regretting not getting in on the Southfork and Sprig...

The two pairs kind of go together in my mind as a similar concept from two great knifemakers. And I’m always looking out for good huntin’ knives to test while dressing out Sambar deer...
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

That M4 Blade HQ Native with the black blade and natural G10. Not sure I trust it would make it to Canada if I ordered one. It’s too good looking a knife.
- best wishes, Jazz.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I am glad you made this thread. For me it is the Spyderco Caspian Salt with the pointed and part serrated blade, and, the prototype Spyderco Rescue with a more pointed Wharncliffe blade as opposed to the present Sheepsfoot blade on the Rescue and Atlantic Salt. And, the third is the Paramilitary or Military Tanto Lightweight with FRN handle....which has not yet been made.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:59 am
SF Native wrote:

Like this.
Oops my mistake I meant the Temperance2 with the G-10 slabs, that is the one I have been missing and looking for at a reasonable price. The first Temperance there is certainly a good price.

Thanks to all who have tried to help me find this knife at a good price. I really appreciate the private messages and the links.

Just so no one gets the wrong idea no one has tried to sell me anything, they have just been good hearted fellow Knife Nuts trying to help a brother. :)
https://www.countryknives.com/shop-by-d ... plainedge/

Then this one...
ktsthiep

Post by ktsthiep »

Bop Lum Darn Dao :(
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

SF Native wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:26 pm
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:59 am
SF Native wrote:

Like this.

https://www.countryknives.com/shop-by-d ... plainedge/

Then this one...
Thank you for turning this up appreciate it.

The price of $360.00 however fails to meet my criteria of a good price. 😁