Kid who is a knife nerd

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bill1170

Re: Kid who is a knife nerd

Post by Bill1170 »

Welcome, both Fran and Jeremy. I’m glad to hear you got to visit the factory outlet (typically abbreviated as SFO here on this forum). I was a knife user and sharpener since about age 9, thanks in large part to my father who was a lifelong knife enthusiast. This is a wonderful forum with very kind and knowledgeable members. You can learn a lot here - I certainly have.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

JS_KnifeNerd wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:01 pm
Hi, it's Jeremy on my new account.
.... I like the flat ground black handled Delica 4 as a more budget folder.
I REALLY like the Para 3. As far as a collector's piece, I like the Lil' Sub-Hilt and the Schempp Bowie.
I also like the Mantra 3.....
You've got good taste in knives :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JS_KnifeNerd wrote:
I cannot say this enough but once again thank you so much for welcoming me on to the forum.
To answer Sharp Guy's question, as far a tool, I like the flat ground black handled Delica 4 as a more budget folder.
I REALLY like the Para 3. As far as a collector's piece, I like the Lil' Sub-Hilt and the Schempp Bowie.
I also like the Mantra 3. (These are all knives I DO NOT own.) Thanks for asking!
Welcome again with your own account.
The Delica you mention was my first Spyderco and I am totally with you that it is a great tool and user-knife, though I generally came to be more into bigger folders over the years.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
standy99

Post by standy99 »

JS_KnifeNerd wrote:
I cannot say this enough but once again thank you so much for welcoming me on to the forum.
To answer Sharp Guy's question, as far a tool, I like the flat ground black handled Delica 4 as a more budget folder.
I also like the Mantra 3. (These are all knives I DO NOT own.) Thanks for asking!
Gday from Australia Jeremy, welcome to the forum.

What Spyderco knife do you own if any yet.
Got the Para3 in camo when they first came out and it gets a lot of pocket time. Great choice.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

Welcome Jeremy and Fran! I think it's great that you're into knives and are learning to care for and maintain them responsibly at your age. You have great taste in knives and knife companies :) . What knives do you have so far?
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

JS_KnifeNerd wrote:
Hi, it's Jeremy on my new account. ..
Welcome to the forums Jeremy!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
JS_KnifeNerd

Post by JS_KnifeNerd »

Hi,
Some people wanted to know what Spyderco knives I own. I do not own any of Spyderco's knives because of the fact that even though I have been interested in Spyderco for a little while, I have only just started to consider buying some of their knives. I have done quite a bit of research, and I have found that Spyderco is an amazing company with amazing products. That is why I have become so interested in Spyderco. :) :spyder: :)
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

No worries, my first knives weren't Spyderco either but I've gravitated to the brand and nearly all of my recent acquisitions have been Spyderco (not intentionally, but I think that just speaks to how good the company and its products are). What knives do you currently have?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JS_KnifeNerd wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:36 pm
Hi,
Some people wanted to know what Spyderco knives I own. I do not own any of Spyderco's knives because of the fact that even though I have been interested in Spyderco for a little while, I have only just started to consider buying some of their knives. I have done quite a bit of research, and I have found that Spyderco is an amazing company with amazing products. That is why I have become so interested in Spyderco. :) :spyder: :)
Then the Delica you mentioned earlier already would be a good start imho! (At least for ME it was... ;) )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Im biased because it was my first spyderco, but I'm a big fan of the Dragonfly, what do you think of those Jeremy?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

JS_KnifeNerd wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:36 pm
Hi,
Welcome to the forum Jeremy!

James