Confession

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jimc

Confession

Post by jimc »

I have to get this off my chest, I don’t own a pm2!!! 😯
Sorry I will try harder 😂
edc - orange G10 urban, vg-10.
edc/workers - honeybee, grasshopper.
home, utility, food prep - manix 2, cpm s30v.
Pelagic

Re: Confession

Post by Pelagic »

Lol. Hold out for Maxamet?
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

No problem, no need for guilt, nothing works for everyone, nothing appeals to everyone. I'm a Spyderco collector and own well over 500 Spydercos. Only one of them is a PM2, and the only reason I own it is because it was last year's Spyderco Forum knife and I collect those.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
standy99

Post by standy99 »

PM2 is so last year

Para 3 is the new black

Only own one in M4 :D
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I only have 1 and it's been about 8 years since I bought it and nearly that long since using it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I don't currently own a PM2, but the Shaman keeps me warm at night. :P
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Confession, I have a few of them but almost never carry them.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I have 2, and really only care 1 of them about once a week. Nice knife and all, just a bit overkill for my typical weekday/work tasks.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

I am currently down to three PM2's Pretty soon the M390 will likely be gone because it can be sold and recover my investment otherwise the S35VN would be getting sold but doing so now would be at a loss and I do not mind it being around that much.

The PM2 is a good model but once I started carrying the Military I started selling my Paramilitary2's and the Para3's I only have 1 para3 now in S30V partly serrated and will never buy another one.

Current Paramilitary 2's
1 in S35VN
1 IN M390
1 fully Serrated S30V

Wish they would have made a partially serrated PM2 in a steel other than 52100. I just sold that one.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

You are forgiven but you have to do a penitence : buy three PM2s by the end of this year. Go in peace ....
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

I don’t either. Handled one once, seemed nice. For a while there it was all people could talk about.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm to the point now to where I only want a C-36 Military or Para2 in one of the supersteels. I don't like the shorter blade on the Para3 in spite of the fact that it does seem to be very popular among many of you. But short blades really put me at a disadvantage most of the time.

But if a Millie or Para2 doesn't have one of the newer/better blade steels I'll pass on them most of the time. With one exception>> I would gladly try a New Spyderedged Military or Para2 with an older steel like 440V for instance> because some of the older steels are great for Spyderedged units IMO.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I had one but I sold it. No para 2', 3's or millies in my collection at the moment.
:unicorn
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I have six, not because of the design (which I have come to love), but—confession—because of the variety of steels the PM2 has served to introduce.

I’ll bet Sal would be just as pleased if you bypassed the PM2 and went directly to his longer-contemplated, more-refined Caribbean with its different bladeshapes and edge-treatments.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I have one and don’t use it. I like 3” blades and back locks. Compression locks pinch me (no need for hold it differently advice). It’s a nice knife. Just not sure why I keep it.
- best wishes, Jazz.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

But would you get the PM Tanto that was shown in the video of the 2019 SHOT show once it became available or would you get a Military Light Weight with FRN handle?
anycal

Post by anycal »

Nothing to confess from my end. All my PM2 (1/2 dozen of them) see more use than any other knife.

Ergonomics not working for you, lock or blade preference, that's understood. But dumping on it because of its popularity, that I don't get. I kinda get the wanting to be part of an exclusive club. But with knives, aint make no sense to me.

If it works, it works. Who cares what others think.
Peter
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Have to admit, didn't care for it when it was first released. Bought one anyway to see what the hype was all about, but never warmed up to it. The handle shape really bothered me so I eventually abandoned the knife. Flash forward to 2017, I discover custom CF PM2 scales by Aramis which addressed the things that didn't suit me on the factory scales. Matched them up with custom titanium hardware and it transformed my PM2 like a cockroach into a butterfly. I have since acquired three more set up the same way. My modified PM2 now holds a firm position in the top 10 of my collection (which includes Hinderers, Marfiones and other high end brands). There are so many wonderful Spyderco models to choose from so its quite understandable if people find other models more to their liking. Anyway, here's a pic of three of mine which I've posted several times and I'm sure the regulars are tired of seeing...
jimc

Post by jimc »

The Deacon wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:06 am
No problem, no need for guilt, nothing works for everyone, nothing appeals to everyone. I'm a Spyderco collector and own well over 500 Spydercos. Only one of them is a PM2, and the only reason I own it is because it was last year's Spyderco Forum knife and I collect those.
the problem is, i would love to add one to my new collection! even a standard production model! admittedly, when i used to collect a few years ago, i never liked the model, but now since handling a few.. i want one. lol
jimc

Post by jimc »

elena86 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:53 am
You are forgiven but you have to do a penitence : buy three PM2s by the end of this year. Go in peace ....
i will try :D