Sprint run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Sprint run

Post by Wartstein »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 pm
“Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it”-Sal

@David Lowry
That´s it, thanx! And exactly how I see it...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I'm torn myself, I want to use them, but then if the model turns to command a premium, suddenly, it becomes too valuable to use to me. Like the ZDP Calypso Jr. It's a nice $80 knife, but once they started selling for $130-140, you can have mine

I do get show cars (those fittied with rare NOS parts) - the parts are only NOS once and command big bucks
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

It depends on the knife. A few of them are definitely meant to be collected but in my opinion most are not. The anniversary Delica is a collectible. A Cruwear Para2 is a user.

What knife are we talking about here?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

I use ALL my knives, sprints included.
Reggy

Post by Reggy »

We are Talking about a manix2 154/s90v
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Reggy wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:08 pm
We are Talking about a manix2 154/s90v
Interesting.

The Para2 154/s90v was a highly collectable knife issued in low numbers. I forget if there was a second release of those or not. The Manix2 hasn't seen the same demand in comparison. It's hard to say if it will have significantly greater value in the future.

There's been a lot of unclad s90v available in recent years, and the s110v knives are available as regular production so the flippers couldn't care less about blurple.

I'd say set it aside in box for awhile until you get a better feel for what you want to do with it. One never knows what's going to be in demand in the future. Besides using or hoarding, you could trade it for whatever you're interested in next.