New member...Spyderco box question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Kllrbee

New member...Spyderco box question

Post by Kllrbee »

Hello all,
First post. Been doing a little searching around the forum here. Really great info.
I had a PM2 given to me as a gift a few years ago. Loved that knife, but it was stolen out of my locker at work along with some other valuables.
So I went to buy another and was amazed at the craftsmanship, beauty, and variety of the Spyderco offerings. I knew my PM2 was fantastic, but I never knew there were so many different styles to choose from. Sprint runs, blade steels, handles, etc. Needless to say, I fell down the rabbit hole and now Im hooked...lol.
Im sure my collection pales in comparison to many members here, but I have since replaced my PM2, as well as getting a Tenacious, Native 5 LW, Manix 2 G10, Delica 4, Sage 5, Para 3 (52100 CF), Efficient, and Dragonfly...in that order.
Im sure there will be more to come.

Anyways, while researching each knife, I ran into lots of real/fake info. Its a real shame that there are so many fakes out there. I dont really believe any of mine are fakes as I bought them all from Blade HQ, except for the Tenacious from Walmart.
With that said, the Tenacious box sticker doesnt have a date code on it which all the other boxes do. Also has an orange "2" sticker.
Also, the Delica box doesnt have the white border on the edge of the "stripe" going down the center.
As I said, I dont think either knife is fake. But those were 2 things that came up (among countless others) in the few youtube vids on fakes that I watched. Im sure you guys on the forum know much more than a random youtuber, so Im just curious what you guys make of the box oddities.
Thnx!!
The Meat man

Re: New member...Spyderco box question

Post by The Meat man »

Welcome to the forum Kllrbee.

I'd be surprised if you got a fake from BHQ, although I suppose it could happen. If you could post a few photos that would really help.

BTW nice collection you've got going. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Welcome and nice collection! The rabbit hole is deep and wide :D
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Kllrbee,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

If there's no reason to think the knives are fake I wouldn't sweat the details of the boxes too much. As Connor said, pics of the boxes and knives in question might help be helpful. You could also send your knives to Spyderco for evaluation but probably not worth the trouble.

Enjoy your new knives and welcome to forum! It's a nice place to hang out.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

I have found that spyderco doesn’t have a complete standard on boxes. I even got a few that came in pouches and no box at all. Maybe it’s because they have many different suppliers and countries of manufacture. Don’t know but I wouldn’t think too hard on it.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Just think, there are 23 other varieties of the Para 3 alone.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek: