Spyderco K11S Cook's Knife ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Spyderco K11S Cook's Knife ?

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Has anyone been using the Spyderco Knives made specifically for use in the kitchen? For example Spyderco K11S Cook's Knife Spyderedge Blade 5.85" Knife. Found here https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-K11S-Co ... chen+knife

Looks like a nice knife but was wishing it was longer for kitchen use.
JD Spydo

Re: Spyderco K11S Cook's Knife ?

Post by JD Spydo »

Oh that is gorgeous!! That new Spyderco kitchen knife is already on my "Gotta-Have" list. A superb kitchen knife with VG-10 blade steel no less :cool:

Oh I will always still use my K-04 & K-05 models but this new one will most definitely have a slot reserved in my kitchen knife block. I love the handle configuration. It kind of reminds me of one of those old Grohman knives.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Yes. Both serrated and plain Cooks knives, and the Chefs knife. I was surprised just how very useful the SE version has proved to be.
Nate

Post by Nate »

I bought the K11 and K12 in plain edge for my wife when they were initially disco'd, really nice knives.

Knife Center has the K11S at a much better price than Amazon btw:

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SPK11S ... ian-handle
:spyder:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I own the PE version, and pretty much every other kitchen knife Spyderco has offered over the years. The K11 is definitely a great looking and well made knife. However, personally, I find the handle offer traction and is not particularly comfortable in my hand. IMHO, while not as eye catching as the K11, the K04 6" Utility has a much more ergonomic handle and a thinner blade.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SPK04S ... ene-handle
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Yes, have the k11s, k11p, and k12.
The serrations are really nice.
The middle tooth is longer than the others so the serrations don’t wear down on the cutting board. Gets a lot of use.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

SF Native wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:17 pm
The middle tooth is longer than the others so the serrations don’t wear down on the cutting board. Gets a lot of use.
I guess it does not matter but are these full tang knives or rat tang? Do they come with a sheath ? Cutting block is full :)
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:42 pm
SF Native wrote:
I guess it does not matter but are these full tang knives or rat tang? Do they come with a sheath ? Cutting block is full :)
I’m pretty sure it’s full tang. Don’t have it in front of me. No sheath. Kick something out of that cutting block.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

SF Native wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:50 pm
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:42 pm
SF Native wrote:
I’m pretty sure it’s full tang. Don’t have it in front of me. No sheath. Kick something out of that cutting block.
Right like all that Chicago Cultery Garbage Oops can't say that too loud she loves that junk! At-least it is easy for me to sharpen :)
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I bought last year’s Cooks knife. The Corian handle is too slippery when working with food. The handle is not high enough to keep your knuckles off the cutting board and the little choil ends abruptly at the sharp edge. Mine is going on the sale block.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I prefer the handles on the K04, and K05, they see a lot of use.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I have the plain edge K11 and it's an amazing cutter, a joy to use. I'll admit that the regular line, with their polymer handles are probably functionally better because of their non-slip grip. But so far, I haven't had any issues sliding off the handle on my K11. I'm looking forward to adding the serrated version to my block o' kitchen knives.

My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

They are all great kitchen knives. I think I use the K11p and K12P more then my wife does. The only serrated kitchen knife I have is that old filet knife I won in the giveaway a while back. That thing filets fish like no one’s business. I can’t wait to get some new ones in LC200N!
Josh