Well, It's Official

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spyderman91

Well, It's Official

Post by Spyderman91 »

I'm definitely a Spyderhead...

This pm2 right here was my first introduction into the world of quality cutlery. I've owned plenty of knives before then, but really the only other knife I owned that was special (aside from my cudeman) was the tenacious. I loved that knife, it never ceased to amaze me how sharp it was and once it got dull. I bought a wet stone to practice sharpening, and succeeded more or less. Today was my first attempt at using the Sharpmaker and I have to tell you.. From just watching the video, and no scoping the process I got my PM2 back to razor sharp.

Before I started it could barely cut paper, I definitely put it through it's paces my first few months owning it. When I wasn't marveling at the craftsmanship, I would be playing around with the compression lock and cutting whatever I could find. I cut cardboard, fruit, branches, and lots n lots
of paper. It went on plenty of mountain bike rides clipped to running shorts, and trips around town. I loved the dang thing so much I even slapped on a pair of Flytanium aluminum scales, and never looked back.

Fast forward to now, and here I am trolling on the forums. Reading about different steel types, checking on upcoming releases, heat treatments, edges, grinds, handle materials, blade thickness, blade shapes, locking mechanism, ect. All because of my first 2 years of positive EDC ownership from the tenacious that was sadly prematurely sent to knife heaven (thank you TSA). So fellow Spydermen and Spyderwomen, show me your trusted and true, the Spyderco you hold above all others.
Attachments
20181213_093215.jpg
abbazaba

Re: Well, It's Official

Post by abbazaba »

There is something about that DLC S30v PM2 for sure. I upgraded last year, but my original is always in my truck. This one is now the one...

TBH REX45 has been challenging it lately, and I know now that a K390 PM2 would kick it out of my pocket.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Too hard to choose. :)
image.jpeg
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

holeshot wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:18 pm
Too hard to choose. :)
^Yep! I can't name a Spyderco that I hold above all others because that changes daily. If I had to name one that's rising to the top I'd say the Sliverax. Otherwise there's a whole bunch of different models that I enjoy owning and using.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

Without a doubt

They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

I just deleted all of my knife photos to make room for more knife photos lol. I have two abolute favorites. I'll snap a pic when I get home from work.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN