Why Don't You Like Framelocks?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ankerson

Re: Why Don't You Like Framelocks?

Post by Ankerson »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:15 am
Has anyone had a knife open in their pocket when it was the only thing carried in that pocket?

Been carrying knives for over 40 years and never had one open on me in my pocket.
cwp

Post by cwp »

There are some individual knives that I've refused to carry precisely because of this concern. I used to have a beautiful little Al Mar Quicksilver -- elegant design, cut well, looked great, but the pivot was so loose that it would fall open when just held upside down, and it had a rivet rather than a screw, so it was impossible to tighten. Combine that with the fact that it didn't have a pocket clip and would have to ride around loose in my pocket, and it seemed so obviously unsafe that I relegated it to my knife drawer and eventually got rid of it.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:15 am
Has anyone had a knife open in their pocket when it was the only thing carried in that pocket?
Not once. The only time I had a knife open on me unexpectedly was when I was carrying a comp lock flipper (Sliverax) IWB @ 4:00. I'm in and out of my office a lot at work and I'm pretty sure my pants pushed the flipper tab when I sat down at my desk. I don't think it would happen again now that I've increased the detent but I don't risk it. I just carry it in my RFP now.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!