How often do you carry a fixed blade?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How often do you carry a fixed blade?

Never, by choice
8%
Never, due to laws
3%
Never, due to how I expect others to react to one
1%
Rarely, only when camping / hiking / boating etc.
42%
Sometimes, but only on the weekends
5%
Sometimes, off and on during the week depending on my needs each day
18%
Every day, outside of work
7%
Every day, including at work.
16%

Total votes: 74

lonerider1013

Re: How often do you carry a fixed blade?

Post by lonerider1013 »

Sadly I don't really own any except for swords... and one old fishing knife. Those are out of the question.
Thinking about trying an Enuff one day, as a start. I could see it being useful in the woods. I used to own several fixed blade knives but never carried them except maybe while doing yardwork...
"A fool's blade may be sharper than his brain"
“Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." - Mark Twain
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I’ve been carrying my Junction every day on my belt since I got it, even at work, and on weekends. I think it’s been over a month or two since I got it, I honestly don’t have the best memory anymore though. I haven’t had a complaint from a customer yet, and my boss hasn’t said anything so I don’t think he minds. It’s not like I’m carrying a machete or sword on my belt. And I always have a folder in back left pocket.
Josh
blues

Post by blues »

I carry a custom neck knife at least part of the day, virtually every day.
- Retired from the chase -
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

For my usage outside of the kitchen it is pointless to carry a fixed blade knife. Spyderco Folders are tougher than anything I will ever put them through. I do own a TRC fixed blade in Elmax Steel 4.5 inches and if I ever need a fixed blade that will be the one I take with me.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Rarely, only when camping / hiking / boating etc. Looks like this is the case for most. Probably why the fixed blade mule program isnt as popular as it could be. Would love if the mules were in the inexpensive Native LW or Manix LW form so I could carry and use them in every day life.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
rwasham

Post by rwasham »

Pretty much every day. I work where I'm probably 50-60% in an office and the rest of the time outside in the backcountry. I love a small (3" - 3.5") fixed blade carried appendix style owb horizontal. I have several I'll carry this way, but my most recent is a mule team 5 in 9Cr18Mo that I finally just put together 9 years after I bought it...crazy how time flies! :D

So far so good. the 9Cr18Mo isn't like any of the super steels that came out for the mule, but it takes an edge and it's easy to sharpen. I can't really complain.
Strider

Post by Strider »

Basically anytime I am working outside I have my Bradford Guardian 3 wharncliffe on my belt. great little knife.