Spyderco Reveal: Tell me more!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Crux

Re: Spyderco Reveal: Tell me more!

Post by Crux »

I'm really interested in what lies ahead for the Para 3. I hope re-issues are not the answer.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I like the idea, and it does allow Spyderco some more flexibility on schedule as various emergent manufacturing/QC hiccups can cause delays - see: the Rhino.

Now, we won't know about a new product until we can almost get it in our hands. That helps to align the peak interest wave with the availability.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I wonder if this will also apply to the Amsterdam meet pictures? That's usually the best thread of the year and it'll be sad if it goes away as well.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
death-bringah

Post by death-bringah »

Sorry to hear about this...although I may have been impatient for some items to be released, I think the anticipation only sweetens the climax of finally opening that box with your new Spyderco knife!

And I would also hate to see the Amsterdam Meet thread be reduced in scope, or go away completely.

That said; since many models are introduced literally years before they are finally available to us, and; since Spyderco is fighting a never-ending battle to protect their intellectual-property, this is not really a surprise. I wonder if protecting Spyderco designs is as much a reason for doing this as anything else?

take care -d.
Rpp

Post by Rpp »

sal wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:32 pm
It is an experiment to try to deal with unhappy customers when a product release is delayed. It will be introduced at SHOT show and I belief the first Reveal is in May. I'm sure we will evolve and refine the concept in time.

sal
Nothing new until May that’s a huge disappointment.
rwasham

Post by rwasham »

I like seeing things ahead of time...but I also hate "the wait".Whatever happens though it won't change the production of great products!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'm bummed out, but I understand.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Ric

Post by Ric »

The wait and time delays improved my patience.
That's now over a bit :(

In 2018 I knew there will be 3times christmas (Para 3 Rex 45, Para 3 Maxamet, Mantra 3). Seems that Christmas is cancelled in 2019 :(

Anyways, there will be nice surprises in 2019, I am sure. :)
Big50

Post by Big50 »

Like many on this thread I’m a bit saddened by the announcement. I liked knowing what was in the works and the anticipation was kinda fun!

If this is driven by consumer complaint, I wonder how much of that is fueled by retailers offering preorders well before release dates are known. Preorders start so INSANELY far in advance that I could see delays in manufacturing or changes in material costs resulting in price fluctuation prior to delivery.