Thank You Spyderco Quality Craftsmanship!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
captnvegtble

Thank You Spyderco Quality Craftsmanship!

Post by captnvegtble »

I own about 30+ Spyderco knives (after recently selling off a handful), and the only time I've ever had to send a knife back in to the Spyderco factory was my Gen 1 Delica after owning it for about 15 years for some edge repair work. I've never had to send any other knife in for repair or warranty work. Thank you Sal and Co. for your great quality craftsmanship.

I've only every really bought Spyderco knives because I love the design, ergonomics, new steel, etc., but I recently purchased my first (and only) knife from another brand (a well known, reputable, and quality brand) back in February because I loved the design, but already the clip has broken and needed to be replaced, and the locking mechanism spring has broken and needs to be replaced. Seems like very poor quality in this other brand.

I think I've taken Spyderco's quality and reliability for granted. So thank you Spyderco! Another reason to continue buying Spyderco knives!
SpyderEdgeForever

Re: Thank You Spyderco Quality Craftsmanship!

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Great thread! I agree 100 percent! The quality and designs and persons behind these knives are amazing.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

What, only 30! You've got some catching up to do. You are right that's why my wife is always POed at me cause I keep investing in quality craftsmanship. :D
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

If my wife only knew how much quality craftsmanship I’ve invested in. :rolleyes:
But I agree.
- best wishes, Jazz.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

holeshot wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:55 pm
What, only 30! You've got some catching up to do. You are right that's why my wife is always POed at me cause I keep investing in quality craftsmanship. :D
I only like to keep knives I like to hold and use, and I don't need every version of a model. I'm really only a casual collector. As I mentioned, I recently sold off a handful of knives... a few used, some unused, and I think my wife for the first time saw the value in Spyderco knives and being able to recoup some of the investment!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Captnvegtble,

Thanx much.

sal
attila

Post by attila »

Jazz wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:15 pm
If my wife only knew how much quality craftsmanship I’ve invested in. :rolleyes:
But I agree.
^This
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
LtCmdrDATA

Post by LtCmdrDATA »

I know this is old, but did spyderco charge you for repair costs or did they cover repair costs? I have an old stainless steel endura that has a broken back spring. I really want it repaired but don’t want to pay a fortune for repair or if it comes down to it replacement. I don’t have photos as Im out of town currently.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi LtCmdrData,

Welcome to our forum.

You'll have to contact Customer service to know for sure. It depends on the model and what's wrong with it.

sal