I need more Elmax in my life.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SF Native

Re: I need more Elmax in my life.

Post by SF Native »

Crux wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 pm
SF Native wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:26 pm
Yeah, I’m good. I have never been that impressed with Elmax. And with the tariffs on European steel, I think we have better options.
Elmax is a no brainer, but why do you bring tariffs into this polite conversation?
Sorry to offend. I only meant that spyderco is currently paying a premium for Elmax and my experience is that it’s not worth it. I would rather have 204p, xhp, or even s35vn.
Crux

Re: I need more Elmax in my life.

Post by Crux »

SF Native wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:55 pm
Crux wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 pm
SF Native wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:26 pm
Yeah, I’m good. I have never been that impressed with Elmax. And with the tariffs on European steel, I think we have better options.
Elmax is a no brainer, but why do you bring tariffs into this polite conversation?
Sorry to offend. I only meant that spyderco is currently paying a premium for Elmax and my experience is that it’s not worth it. I would rather have 204p, xhp, or even s35vn.
Been there, done that. So are you against new steels for the Para 3? Trick question...no one would be. Everyone here agrees the Para 3 should always have the new steel first. I know this for a fact as I almost did a poll on this. I didn't but I used data from a friend of a friend...trust me.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek: