Post your Seconds Sale hauls

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: Post your Seconds Sale hauls

Post by sal »

500Nitro wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:52 pm
Some already online.

Some show the seconds sticker / card, others don't.

"It take all kinds of animals to make a forest. Without the mosquitoes and leaches, one doesn't appreciate the hawks and the deer".

sal
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

As a international member.... this thread is really tough to read. So frustrating but so cool for those that got there.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Sal

Interesting saying.

I'm past the stage of worrying over missing out.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

I'm envious about that Fish Hunter, I'd have grabbed it in a heartbeat :o
I'm curious about that sheath, what model does it go with or was designed for? :confused:
joeldworkin307

Post by joeldworkin307 »

Man, I miss living in Colorado! Hoping to pick up a few once they hit eBay and Bladeforums. Come on, G10 Rhino!
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

ThePeacent wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:15 am
I'm envious about that Fish Hunter, I'd have grabbed it in a heartbeat :o
I'm curious about that sheath, what model does it go with or was designed for? :confused:
Hey Peacent. Fish Hunter was definitely a score. It was on our list going in and we only saw that one the entire sale. I forget what we traded for it, maybe we were just gifted it by a great person. We were fortunate to do that for a few folks to build up and continue spreading good "karma." I know the Lil Temp 3 (once again, only saw 1) I had been holding onto till the very end made its new owner super happy.
The sheaths to my knowledge are just general belt holders for a knife or multi-tool, small flashlight, pepper spray, etc.. I dont think they are specific to a model. Not sure if they will ever see use but at a buck a piece couldn't pass 'em up. Side note that none of the Hawks or Hatchets we saw had their respective sheaths (Fish Hunter did) so I will be getting in touch with Sheathpro to see what kydex option will be available unless someone can recommend an off-the-shelf leather solution.
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

Here's my haul!

Vtoku-2 Endura (course grinding on one side), Maximet Manix (chipping on part of the spine), ZDP-189 Clay 3.5 (unknown issue), Tenacious (unknown issue), REX45 Para 3 (unknown issue), ZDP-189 Delica (soda on the blade?), Chaparral Raffir Noble(acrylic broke where the pocket clip goes), unknown model (broken tip), Salt Dragonfly 2 (unknown issue) and a medium grit bench stone.

Who knows which model is second from the bottom? I plan to reprofile the blade and grind in a new tip and I'd like to reference the original version.

Clearlylimited

Post by Clearlylimited »

We got there Thursday night and I enjoyed meeting everyone before the sale. Something to be said about a company that host a sale for it's customers, and allows them to camp in front of there business for 2 days. Its more in more like a family event than a sale. Meeting a knife designer, having people you have never met cook up some killer food and then rush in and get knives that we all dream about. I got a great haul of knives this year. My only mistake was I needed more money, but there is always next year!!!
Attachments
46494512_2150010128343090_7738563527224328192_o.jpg
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

What a great gaul Shane! Looks like you got Pro Grip C13 Thats a sweet find for $5!
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:56 am

Hey Peacent. Fish Hunter was definitely a score. It was on our list going in and we only saw that one the entire sale. I forget what we traded for it, maybe we were just gifted it by a great person. We were fortunate to do that for a few folks to build up and continue spreading good "karma." I know the Lil Temp 3 (once again, only saw 1) I had been holding onto till the very end made its new owner super happy.
The sheaths to my knowledge are just general belt holders for a knife or multi-tool, small flashlight, pepper spray, etc.. I dont think they are specific to a model. Not sure if they will ever see use but at a buck a piece couldn't pass 'em up. Side note that none of the Hawks or Hatchets we saw had their respective sheaths (Fish Hunter did) so I will be getting in touch with Sheathpro to see what kydex option will be available unless someone can recommend an off-the-shelf leather solution.

thx for the answer! I would've picked all the pouches available at $1! :eek:
I often search flea markets for SAKs and knives, but sheaths and pouches too :o Last one I grabbed these four for 1 Euro each at Berlin :cool:

I like the Lil'Temp but I'd have traded it for the Fish Hunter as you did
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

I WILL be there next year! Good thing my wife had been wanting to go to Denver to visit a friend, so I just gotta make sure the times line up!!!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Clearlylimited,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for attending our sale. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

sal
m6steen

Post by m6steen »

Matt

C07 Police 4 | FRN K390
C41 Native 5 | Never Summer/NFFF
C94 UK Penknife | BD1N

ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

sal wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:40 am
Rutger wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:09 pm
I do wonder though what happens with the items that you don't sell during the sale.
We save them for next years sale.

sal
A seconds on-line “lucky-dip” sale would be fun, but can you just *imagine* the grief it could cause! As it stands, I’m very happy for those who make the effort to attend and bag some bargains.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

So many amazing deals!

I may need to move to Colorado.... ;)
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

I’m going next year for sure! Could anyone provide tips in preparation? Should I bring a tent and camp out? I’d like to be early! I’d be flying down from NC. And I will probably only bring about $500 for knives. But, I can pick what I want. Some of the best steels ever, in knives that are way overpriced on eBay.

And it’s ok to fly back with knives on a plane?

Thanks for the help.
“My daily razor blade”
Microtech Stitch CTS-204P stonewashed blade
Microtech Dirac Delta CTS-204P Black DLC
^Wicked Edge guided system^
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

tps3443 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:12 pm
I’m going next year for sure! Could anyone provide tips in preparation? Should I bring a tent and camp out? I’d like to be early! I’d be flying down from NC. And I will probably only bring about $500 for knives. But, I can pick what I want. Some of the best steels ever, in knives that are way overpriced on eBay.

And it’s ok to fly back with knives on a plane?

Thanks for the help.
I haven't brought a tent, but brought an air mattress (to keep me off the cold ground), cold weather sleeping bag, tarp and extra blankets. Last year it rained, so I slept in my rental car. Camping out isn't necessary, but those of us that get there early and hang out have a lot of fun and I've made several friends there.

While I didn't make it this year, I've been three times and the first year I mailed my knives back via two insured USPS flat rate boxes (there's a USPS location nearby in downtown Golden that's open until 1pm, so if you get your shopping done early you can make it before they close). The other two years I just wrapped them up individually in a bunch of clothes/blankets/sleeping bag in my checked luggage. That way if a greedy luggage handler decided to try to steal stuff, they'd have to pull out every piece of clothing and unwrap each knife one by one to get all of them. I figured I'd make it hard to steal them all in one go, which they could do if I put them all in a single box in my luggage. But so far all my knives have made it back with me (about 20-25 knives each time). Obviously, don't put them in your carry on and triple check your pockets to make sure you got everything out. :p
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I wish you guys did an online version of this. I live on the wrong coast :(
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:31 pm
I wish you guys did an online version of this. I live on the wrong coast :(
They would all sell out in no time. From what it looks like, everyone who goes in person gets a great selection based on the pictures posted in this thread. Plenty of REX45 PM2’s, Maxamet Manix, even M4 natural G10.

I love that Spyderco marks the blade too! It means people cannot buy them cheap, and triple there money on eBay flipping them.

People can still resale them, but just not nearly as much profit.

I’d love to go next year. I personally want to keep them to use and abuse!
“My daily razor blade”
Microtech Stitch CTS-204P stonewashed blade
Microtech Dirac Delta CTS-204P Black DLC
^Wicked Edge guided system^
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

Sal,
I'm curious, does everything sell out or is there anything left over?