Is this Spyderco Military good to go?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tps3443

Is this Spyderco Military good to go?

Post by tps3443 »

Hey guys I just bought this Spyderco Military Blurple S110V for $149 shipped. I don’t think there is a fake version of a Blurple Spyderco, but I figured I would chime in anyways. He said it doesn’t have a single nic, or scratch, or any marks on it! A new opened box and handled indoors, he cut 1 cantaloupe with it or something like that lol, and that is it. He said he’s selling to buy a PM2 in the same S110V. He mentioned he’s in an Urban area, and the Military is just to big. Anyways, I already bought it, and already paid for it. Here are some screenshots from eBay.

It looks ok to me. Ive always wanted a Military in S110V.

“My daily razor blade”
Microtech Stitch CTS-204P stonewashed blade
Microtech Dirac Delta CTS-204P Black DLC
^Wicked Edge guided system^
allhatnocattle

Re: Is this Spyderco Military good to go?

Post by allhatnocattle »

Looks legit to me, good score!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Looks identical to mine. Congratulations! That's a great deal!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Well picked up.

I saw that, thought it not a bad buy.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

Great! Thanks for all the replies everybody, after I saw it pop up on eBay today, I periodically checked on it, and after just a couple hours of and it hadn’t sold yet. So I bought it. It’s gonna get used pretty rigorously just like my PM2 S110V does. Here’s its little brother working hard! 🤗

“My daily razor blade”
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I've got the S110V version of the Para2 that I got a while back in a trade. I like S110V but I still like M390 better for a few reasons. But I am on the lookout myself for other Spyders with S110V blade steel. it's good steel no doubt about it. I've also got an XHP Military model and it's a great back up for the M390 unit I use as my main EDC.

I've personally given up on Ebay for a lot of reasons. I've had much better luck wheeling and dealing over at Bladeforums.com. I've never gotten a counterfeit or fake Spyderco model ever from one of those guys over at BF. To me the golden days of Ebay were from 1999 to about 2007. But in spite of all that I do congratulate you on a good score and I wish you the best. You'll find the C-36 Military a great EDC if your state will allow a blade that long. Here in Missouri we can go up to 4 inches long for a folder. Check AKTI's website because they have a lot of knife laws listed.
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

Did they change the Spyderco Military? I remember the pocket clip was black on everyone of the Blurple models. Now they are silver pocket clips.
“My daily razor blade”
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

tps3443 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:58 am
Did they change the Spyderco Military? I remember the pocket clip was black on everyone of the Blurple models. Now they are silver pocket clips.
AFAIK all the S110V models have always been shown with silver clips in the catalogs and Spyderco's website.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:16 am
tps3443 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:58 am
AFAIK all the S110V models have always been shown with silver clips in the catalogs and Spyderco's website.
If you google it it shows reviews of the Military S110V, and they all have black clips. Or just search google photos. BladeHQ use to show one with a black clip too, but they’ve recently changed there marketing pictures to one with a silver clip. It’s strange. I cannot find any info on whether there was an update, or change to it other than some customer reviews that say; “I thought the pocket clip was silver. It’s actually black”

halcyon days poem

I guess Knifeworks hasn’t updated there photo yet.

“My daily razor blade”