Is the Military too big or big enough?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Hunter87

Re: Is the Military too big or big enough?

Post by Hunter87 »

I thought the Millie was just right size wise until I tried a pm2 now I think the Millie is just to big and the PM2 is the perfect knife for me.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

It is Perfect.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Also I'll add that the C-36 Military model has a blade where the blade length is ideal for a combo edge. I like combo edges but only on a full sized folder with a blade longer than 3.5 inches. I think the reason most people don't like the combo edge is because most of them are on models with blades 3 inches or shorter. And that causes problems.

The Military is also great for a "Hunter Folder" as well as an ideal camping/backpacking knife. The Military has so many viable uses that it is close to being the perfect size IMO.

Also I do think it would be ideal for someone actually in the armed forces (military). Oh the C-36 Military is also ideal for a full Spyderedge>> the older 440V full SE is truly one of the better full Spyderedged folders ever IMO.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Hunter87 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:56 am
I thought the Millie was just right size wise until I tried a pm2 now I think the Millie is just to big and the PM2 is the perfect knife for me.
Are you in the military ?

As Sal said the other day in the thread he started, think outside of what you want.

Ie what the knife was designed for.

A perfect example is the Jumpmaster 1 & 2, specific task designed for but not many would understand that.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Mini2white wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:51 pm
It is Perfect.
Well said, Dig! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

I carry a military quite a bit to supplement a ~3" blade. It's longer than I prefer for 95% of my use.