What would make you buy more Spyderco fixed blades?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bill1170

Re: What would make you buy more Spyderco fixed blades?

Post by Bill1170 »

It would take California legalizing concealed carry of fixed blades.
vivi

Post by vivi »

open carry is legal there.
:unicorn
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Bill1170 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:30 am
Gov doesn’t relinquish power, however ill-gotten.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Vivi wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:58 pm
I am aware of that, but I don’t like drawing attention to myself. In cities here, open carry draws a sort of attention I prefer not to attract.
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

We love the way folding knives look, and the compact folding size! That’s why they outsell fixed blades so well.

Here’s what would make me buy a “Fixed Blade Spyderco”

(2) piece, thin, G10 grips

A sheath that matches the handle color.

A pocket clip on the sheath, that looks like a traditional spyderco folding knife clip.

So you clip the sheath in your pocket, or belt, and out comes the knife!

It would be a thin handled fixed blade knife with thin G10 grips, and a sheath that matches the handle color that represents whatever steel the blade may be!

I’m picturing it now. A fixed blade with a handle thin like a folding knife. Maybe red G10, matching red G10 sheath, and a DLC blade that’s about 3” inches long in a super steel of some sort.

It would sell!
“My daily razor blade”
Microtech Stitch CTS-204P stonewashed blade
Microtech Dirac Delta CTS-204P Black DLC
^Wicked Edge guided system^
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

An LC200N Swick and any variant of it.

I'm also digging these leather deep carry sheaths...
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I think I’d like to see a swick too!
vivi

Post by vivi »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:18 pm

Spyderco is releasing one next year according to Sal :)

ETA puts it in the Spring / Summer time frame if all goes well.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Nice :cool:
crow2071

Post by crow2071 »

Bill1170 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:30 am
I 100% agree!
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

I was out biking with my Street Beat hung on my belt. On the way home I needed to stop at the Grocery Store, and was going to take the knife off, but said, "what the heck" and went in the store as is. Didn't get a look or comment (that I noticed or cared about). Sheer laziness, sort of. Sometimes though it can be good if you make people a little nervous.

I'll go elsewhere and write up some comments on the "Junction" fixed blade I just received.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 pm
I was out biking with my Street Beat hung on my belt. On the way home I needed to stop at the Grocery Store, and was going to take the knife off, but said, "what the heck" and went in the store as is. Didn't get a look or comment (that I noticed or cared about). Sheer laziness, sort of. Sometimes though it can be good if you make people a little nervous.

I'll go elsewhere and write up some comments on the "Junction" fixed blade I just received.
I ran errands today with a Manix XL clipped to my cargo pocket and my Ronin 2 openly carried on my belt. No one cared. Then again at the same grocery store I went to I've seen soccer moms carrying glocks, lol.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Vivi wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:29 am
Tucson Tom wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 pm

I ran errands today with a Manix XL clipped to my cargo pocket and my Ronin 2 openly carried on my belt. No one cared. Then again at the same grocery store I went to I've seen soccer moms carrying glocks, lol.
I was at a cafe the other on my lunch break-- drinking coffee and on the forum. I looked over and saw a lunch date. The man, nicely dressed, had at least a 5" knife riding scout style at his back. I smiled.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Vivi wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:32 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:18 pm

Spyderco is releasing one next year according to Sal :)

ETA puts it in the Spring / Summer time frame if all goes well.
I know, I'm waiting "patiently".

I would like to see a run of knives with Swick handles(slightly larger in some cases) and a variety of different blade shapes and lengths. Blade stocks as thin or thinner than the current Swick.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'd love a Swick with the same handle and double the blade length, but as it stands the LC200N Swick 5 is one of the first knives that come to mind if I got to choose to run any Spyderco model in any steel I want. I see it dominating my fixed blade EDC rotation next year.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I do plan on getting a swick, but a sub 4-inch blade length Hossom would be my jam!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

More 4 inch blades with a little thinner blade stock. Anything over 4 inches is too much to edc everyday imo.
Josh
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I've got to thinking about this thread about fixed blade knives this morning and I gave it some more thought. Now I've got a goal of moving to the Missouri Ozarks in the next two years and it's looking like that is going to be an attainable reality at last. And I will say that when I move to the country I most definitely plan on obtaining more fixed blades and I'll probably even EDC at least one or two of them in the country.

Because every year I go deer hunting or any other hunting for that matter I usually EDC one of my fixed blades and people in the country here in Missouri just don't seem to care at all. But in a major metropolitan city where I'm living now I've kind got to be stealthy about what I carry so I carry two Spyderco folders. But there are times I wish I had one of my TEMPERANCE 1 models for some jobs I encounter.

I would love a STREETBEAT in SE> I also want to see more of Spyderco's great fixed blades in SE. Like the Southfork for instance.
ferider

Post by ferider »

Vivi wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Here in California too, in theory at least. Many counties have more restrictive ordonnances though, and fixed is not possibly at work for me.

We just started building a retirement home on the Wind River in WY, to move there in a few years. When that happens, I will use my Mules regularly, not just for camping (love the size/shape/steel). Nobody there cares what you carry :) (as they should).

Roland.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

JD

If I like the Catcherman in Full SE which I think I will, then I'd love a couple more fixed Spydies.

That Southfork looks interesting.
Might even be good in PE

I'd like to give a fixed serrated a full work out on a full Cow or Buffalo and see how it handled it. Dirt in hair, thick hide and hard bones are killers on blades.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.