Figured out why I prefer g10 scales

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Re: Figured out why I prefer g10 scales

Post by JD Spydo »

I've been leaning toward G-10 as being my primary, go-to, hard use knife handle material for the past 8 years or so. Using Ballistol on a regular basis it's easy to maintain and clean. The grip factor of G-10 is just hard to go wrong with. I have nothing particular against most of the other handle materials out there because they all have their good points and certain disadvantages. But I've yet to find a major disadvantage with G-10.

Now you pointed out in your opening post that you didn't like titanium handles. But I've actually had great luck with them overall and I find them to be far more grippy than stainless handles for instance. And I even carry a stainless handled SE Spyder many days of the week.
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

I might have pedestrian tastes,but i prefer the bidirectionl FRN Spyderco makes.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I've got a soft spot for all materials.
Titanium, spyderco's frn, bone, and micarta are my faves.
I want micarta on fixed blades, bone on traditionals, and either titanium or frn on folders. I have nothing sgaindt g10 and most of my knives are made of it. But titanium really gets me. If I want light weight than frn all day.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!