KnifeCenter Para 3 Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tucson Tom

Re: KnifeCenter Para 3 Cruwear

Post by Tucson Tom »

This might almost be enough to get me to buy my first Para 3.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

SSD_777 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:11 pm
Pre-order is live. The description is showing this as a 600 piece limited run.

Edited to add link.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP223G ... -exclusive
Thank you for posting. ..I'm looking forward to it.

James
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

steelcity16 will be happy. Im not 100% certain, but I think he liked both CRUWEAR and Para 3's?
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Since this is an 'EXCLUSIVE', Knifecenter should be able to make sure they don't get more than 600 per-orders. Only Knifecenter will carry it. If you pre-order now, you should be able to get one (when is another story). :)
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Thanks for posting...I think. Spyderco & KC are making a Para 3 I actually want in I steel I said I would buy if they made more of them, so honoring that with a purchase. Going to have move some others along sooner rather than later. :(
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Ordered! Heard too much good about this steel to miss out, and I’ve come to terms with the para 3 being my favorite Spyderco. This’ll be my third. I still want the 52100, but I want it for around $50 less!

After finally beating my Nemesis in s30v, I might one day also “need” something in s90v :p
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

SSD_777 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:11 pm
Pre-order is live. The description is showing this as a 600 piece limited run.

Edited to add link.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP223G ... -exclusive
Thanks.

Put in my pre-order. I did get a confirmation email, but is it normal that you can't see anything in your account on their website? I got no experience with KC and pre-orders.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Typically they do show up immediately in your order history. My order did not show up in my history either. Nothing to do now but wait.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Crux

Post by Crux »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:30 pm
This might almost be enough to get me to buy my first Para 3.
You ought to. This price is just above the "entry level" s30v Para 3 (a GREAT knife btw) and less than any other Para 3. Or you could buy an original Para 3 Cruwear (ugly G-10 color IMO) off eBay for $300. Seems like a no brainer to me.
sinnyc

Post by sinnyc »

Just got my order in :)
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

This has been the year of the Para3 lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Joey

Post by Joey »

Maybe it’s been asked before, but will knife center stop pre orders once their 600 have sold? They say it’s a 600 piece run, and yet I seem to remember seeing a lot of people in the past being let down by knife center pre orders. Can’t they just sell 600 and then stop the pre orders?
That said I’ve got my order in as well! I love my smooth PM2 in Cruwear. I thought I’d dislike the smooth scales, but honestly I’m just glad there isn’t texturing that wears down. G10 texturing feels silly once it’s been worn down slightly.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Joey wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:10 am
Maybe it’s been asked before, but will knife center stop pre orders once their 600 have sold? They say it’s a 600 piece run, and yet I seem to remember seeing a lot of people in the past being let down by knife center pre orders. Can’t they just sell 600 and then stop the pre orders?
That said I’ve got my order in as well! I love my smooth PM2 in Cruwear. I thought I’d dislike the smooth scales, but honestly I’m just glad there isn’t texturing that wears down. G10 texturing feels silly once it’s been worn down slightly.
I don't know how their pre-order stuff works. But seeing how people report issues in the past probably not. However since this is a KC exclusive they can order more if this would be really popular. To me 600 seems low, but the PM2 Cruwear didn't fly off the shelves. It did eventually sell out after months, but not within 1 hour like the StNicks 4v. So i think they are conservative with 600 and just testing the waters. I can see it happen that they will order another 600 later for a full 1200 run.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Rutger wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:12 pm
I don't know how their pre-order stuff works. But seeing how people report issues in the past probably not. However since this is a KC exclusive they can order more if this would be really popular. To me 600 seems low, but the PM2 Cruwear didn't fly off the shelves. It did eventually sell out after months, but not within 1 hour like the StNicks 4v. So i think they are conservative with 600 and just testing the waters. I can see it happen that they will order another 600 later for a full 1200 run.
I could see that. I’m sure they will order more if possible! The price, and the model will probably make this one sell faster than the Paramilitary 2. We will see!
blues

Post by blues »

I think the PM2 got an undeserved bad rap because of the smooth scales. I'd probably prefer a bit of texture but the smooth finish doesn't bother me in the least and the construction values and grind are excellent on my example.

I like Cru-Wear enough to want another knife or two with the steel.

(Of course, this is coming from a D2 / CPM D2 fan, so it's not a big stretch.)

Edited to add: I've had custom makers Richard Rogers and Jared Oeser both use polished black G10 on some traditional knives I had them build for me a few years back. Gives a look similar to ebony with the strength and durability of G10. Came out absolutely awesome.
- Retired from the chase -
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Video of the knife
https://youtu.be/ejJkv6_Leic

James
bacmapei

Post by bacmapei »

Thank you Forum enablers. Zero reason to order anything new, especially another Para 3 YET I wandered the house for 5 minutes to locate my wallet . Pre-order in. Merry Christmas to all and to all goodnight!
A.S.O.K.A

Post by A.S.O.K.A »

archangel wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:01 am
Off topic related to the CruWear Para3, but since you mentioned it: Pretty sure I've seen offerings of the combo edge 52100 Para3 on the bay. Check National Knives there.
KC also carries the 52100 para3 model in the combo edge currently.
Every Steel Has Its Appeal :cool:

A.S.O.K.A Edge on Youtube
Crux

Post by Crux »

bacmapei wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:32 pm
Thank you Forum enablers. Zero reason to order anything new, especially another Para 3 YET I wandered the house for 5 minutes to locate my wallet . Pre-order in. Merry Christmas to all and to all goodnight!
Para 3s are like crack. Not that I've even seen crack but it's a good guess.
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

I want this.... but have already spent some money on the discontinued Bushcraft which should be coming in tomorrow (Excited).
Plus... I have my eye on the BHQ dlc m4 military...