2019 Spyderco Catalog Predictions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Woodpuppy

Re: 2019 Spyderco Catalog Predictions

Post by Woodpuppy »

I personally don’t want the para 3 changed, except maybe for Spyderco to create their own oem deep carry clip. I do like the Lynch and MXG I have on 2 of the para3s better than the factory clip. I don’t need to change the clips on the pm2 at all.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Any ETA for the 2019 catalog?
stockliman

Post by stockliman »

Anything by Ed Schempp. A re-imagining of the Tuff but still in 3v, maybe?
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:02 am
I personally don’t want the para 3 changed, except maybe for Spyderco to create their own oem deep carry clip. I do like the Lynch and MXG I have on 2 of the para3s better than the factory clip. I don’t need to change the clips on the pm2 at all.
With the sprint run para 3 that come with satin blade (think S35V etc) Id like matching pocket clip
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Rutger wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 am
Any ETA for the 2019 catalog?
I would also like to know!!!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Stockliman,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
cesma

Post by cesma »

I hope some k390 deeeeep hollow grind.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I predict we will have a 2019 catalog. Beyond that, I’ve got nothing but hopes, which this thread amounts to.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I hope that in the 2019 product guide we will see the Caly 3.5 FRN, Sage with FRN grips, and also more H1 and Lc200N Salt knives, perhaps fixed blades and folders with blade-lengths in the 3.5-4 inch blade lengths. Time will tell.
cbrstar

Post by cbrstar »

I can't make a prediction, but after watching a blade HQ vid where they tested spyderco lock strength. I would be interested in seeing a couple more models with the bolt lock.
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

sonarsessions wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:43 pm
I’d like to see a lil native in s110v and a lightweight para 3. I know they’ve been working behind the scenes on one 😎👍🏼
Oh man I'd love to see a Para3 lightweight in FRN. I love FRN! It's cheap and practical and feel great in hand! I would buy this is 2 secs flat!
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

samdasnake wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:37 pm
sonarsessions wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:43 pm
I’d like to see a lil native in s110v and a lightweight para 3. I know they’ve been working behind the scenes on one 😎👍🏼
Oh man I'd love to see a Para3 lightweight in FRN. I love FRN! It's cheap and practical and feel great in hand! I would buy this is 2 secs flat!
I agree with you sam and infact, if Spyderco releases a Para 3 in FRN I would most assuredly get one if I can by the grace of God.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

New Product Guide was just released. And we were all wrong on the New Knife Predictions.
Page 3 of the catalog address the removal of the NEW knives from the guide.
New knives will now be revealed on a new webpage: spyderco.com/reveal

Here is the full statement in the 2019 Product Guide (Page 3)

NEW-PRODUCT-RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT

Today’s world is a rapidly changing place where technology and convenience are quickly overtaking traditional business practices. To remain competitive in this dynamic, fast-paced environment, smart companies have to change with the times.
For four decades, Spyderco’s annual product guide has been one of the most anticipated catalogs in the cutlery industry. Seasoned knife enthusiasts looked forward to it as not only the most up-to-date reference on our current product line, but also as a preview of the exciting new designs we planned to release throughout that year. Although they knew they would have to wait patiently for those knives, the “sneak peek” the catalog provided was always worth it.

Customers new to Spyderco, however, didn’t always understand this tradition. If a knife was included in the catalog, they expected it to be available for purchase. If it wasn’t, they wanted to know exactly when it would be. And since our product development process emphasizes peerless quality over speed, that was a question we couldn’t always answer accurately.

After careful consideration of today’s market expectations, we’ve decided to start doing things differently. Our yearly product guide will now focus on products that are in active inventory and ready, or almost ready, to be purchased*. Our new products will then be announced throughout the year on a dedicated page of our web site (spyderco.com/reveal) and in a number of printed “New Product Reveals.” We are confident that this new method will allow us to share the excitement of our new products while keeping the time between their announcement and actual availability as short as possible.

Trust us, 2019 is going to be filled with lots of innovative new Spyderco knives, sharpeners, and accessories. And while our new system won’t guarantee instant gratification, we assure you that the “wait” after the
“want” will be as short as possible.

* As we implement this new policy, we must also acknowledge products we have already announced in previous marketing materials. We have therefore included all the knives announced in our 2018 Mid-Year Supplement in this product guide, regardless of their current availability. Future annual product guides will focus exclusively on delivered products.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Interesting, and it was a bit sad to me to not see that section - it was the very part I went looking for first. :(

That “reveal” webpage is not active yet, as far as I can tell.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SG89

Post by SG89 »

We've been spoiled too long lol time for some discipline
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

There goes my anticipation of anticipation.

Probably for the better. People can get borderline aggressive waiting (a year) for a model release.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

As much as I used to enjoy getting a sneak peak at things, I do like the sound of this new method for product announcements. It's like stretching out one big surprise over the whole year! :D :spyder:

Also, it seems almost daily that a new thread is created or bumped just to ask where a new knife is :confused:. To me, it sounds similar to a whiny little kid on a road trip who won't stop asking "are we there yet?" I'm hoping the "Reveal page" will help slow that down.
-Nick :bug-red
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

As the business model changes, so goes my wallet changes. Now I need to keep quick access to knife cash in case something drops in a hurry. Having the time to save for the anticipated release dates was nice.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
elena86

Post by elena86 »

One "revealed" word from me : Bummer !
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red