What is your current favorite duo?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MichaelScott

What is your current favorite duo?

Post by MichaelScott »

I have been carrying a Para Military 2 and a Lil’ Native a lot. The Para Military 2 is my “big” knife and the Lil’ Native my “little” knife. This seems to be working really well. I always have occasion to use both during the day. Some tasks the Lil’ Native is,well, too little for, and others the Para Military 2 is kind of overkill.

This may be just my rationalization for carrying two knives, but it works for me.

If you consistently carry two (ok, for some of you, three) knives, which are your current favorites?
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Brown_Recluse

Re: What is your current favorite duo?

Post by Brown_Recluse »

Right now the Spydiechef and Para 3 are pocket buddies for me. Kind of the same reasoning as you, one small and one large blade for different situations.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Pm2 and df2 hb
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
vivi

Post by vivi »

Police 4 + Micra.

Police 4 cuts all the things that need cutting. Micra cleans my nails, screws screws, scrapes stuff, works as a mini prybar, and has a blade I'll let people use if they ask to borrow a knife.

I've done the big folder small folder thing in the past (Millie & UKPK usually), but for my uses I'm happier choking up on my Police 4 than I am carrying two knives similar in function.

I've also tried a SE + a PE, and honestly I don't need both. I can get by with one or the other. There's not enough advantages to one edge type over the other to warrant carrying both, for my uses.
Last edited by vivi on Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:unicorn
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Currently....
Caly 3.5 Superblue
Spyderhawk Sprint H1 SE

All time....
Military
Caly Jr. SE
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I will usually carry two knives on my person. I tend to switch my "main" carry often, but my secondary knife is usually either the Squarehead or my all black Ladybug Hawkbill.

Recently, a combo I've really liked has been the Lil Native as my "main" knife and the FRN squarehead as my second knife.
-Nick :bug-red
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

If I were to carry two knives I’d say a Military and a little Ladybug SE HB make a diabolical duo. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
npad69

Post by npad69 »

spydiechef + LM squirt
hovan2yourknives

Post by hovan2yourknives »

Advocate and HAP40 Wharny D4! The ZDP DF2 is always a constant somewhere on me no matter what I’m carrying.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Either the hap40 Delica or the s90v native 5 lw in orange with the SE Delica Wharncliffe. At work it is been my gec bullmoose with my se Delica wharncliffe. This weekend it was my se delica wharncliffe and benchmade 710. There's a fixed variable to my carry lol
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

Gale Bradley and delica for me.
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

Ive been finding a M4 Military and 52100 Para 3 in my pockets lately.
anycal

Post by anycal »

For a duo, it is usually a PM2 with something in the <3" category. Last couple of months, it has been paired with the Native 5 more than any other. Next month it looks like it will be a Chaparral. I'll report back ;)

Peter
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

In theory, I'm a DF2 PM2 guy... But it's been a lot of this duo since they dropped because both new steels landed in my pocket at the same time

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:02 pm
Pm2 and df2 hb
Curious. Where is the Lil’ Native in your duo? Is it taking a break? I’ve come to appreciate mine more since I bought it.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MichaelScott wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:09 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:02 pm
Pm2 and df2 hb
Curious. Where is the Lil’ Native in your duo? Is it taking a break? I’ve come to appreciate mine more since I bought it.
When I want to carry 2 knives those are my duo. If I am just carrying one knife it's usually the Lil Native but I have been carrying the Mantra 3 every day since I got it. I really love the Mantra 3.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I mix it up a lot so my favorite duo is whatever combo I decide to go with for the day. Usually it's something bigger combined with a Manbug or Dragonfly without the clip. Now that it's jeans weather here I've been putting different small knives in my watch pocket (Manbug, Dragonfly, Cricket, Baby Horn, Urban, etc) and a bigger knife in my other pocket.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

I rarely carry duo. Its appealing to me but for whatever reason I am out the door "one and done" so to speak. When I do I like to pair up a PM2 with Ladybug Hawkbill in the watch pocket, Salt 2 and with my 204P millie riding right side of back right pocket, or my Pac Salt and my Superhawk back pocket for landscaping/yard work.
embry386

Post by embry386 »

Usually I can't be bothered to carry more than one knife, but on the days I'm feeling particularly into my knives or know I'll have reason to use both of them, my ATS-55 Endura and Rescue make a great matching set. The Rescue is my favorite knife ever (so far, lol), but the Endura has been the one I've carried around most often in recent days, because it's new and I have been enjoying that "look at my awesome new knife!" feeling. It's starting to wear off and settle down to a calmer sort of baseline level of enjoyment, though, and so I'm starting to carry the Rescue again occasionally :D

Don't think I have a picture of the two of them together yet. Will maybe take one and post it here later. I like that they're both mid-to-large size for plenty of useable edge, and very lightweight in the old style without any liners. And it's very nice to have the choice between serrated on the Rescue or plainedge on the Endura.