Where to sell my Spyderco knives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Where to sell my Spyderco knives?

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

I just looked at my collection and am a bit embarrassed by how many I have. I am thinking of selling some, well quite a few and also replacing only a few with different models of the salt series. Is there a good place to buy and sell on the secondary market besides ebay? Where do knife people go to buy and sell?

Thank you and no I am not trying to sell through this forum as I understand it is unwelcome.
MichaelScott

Re: Where to sell my Spyderco knives?

Post by MichaelScott »

I normally use eBay. However a respected member steered me toward Blade Forums. Read their selling rules first.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Doeswhateveraspidercan

MichaelScott wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:28 am
I normally use eBay. However a respected member steered me toward Blade Forums. Read their selling rules first.
Thank you I will look. I miss the old Yahoo Auctions.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I do ebay.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Even with fees eBay is likely the best to maximize your return.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

I wonder has anyone been happy doing trades? I think I have seen people doing this on knife forum. The reason I have so many knives is Sal turned me into a steel Junkie.

Now I am narrowing down the steels I love best.

I love CTS-204P better than M390 even thought they are so close in composition. Elmax is my Second Favorite in the Lionspy. Still deciding on Cruware, M4, and CTS-XHP, my new like has been H1.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Yea. And it’s (eBay) easy. Slap it up there for a week starting at $0.99 and you generally still get the going rate. No back and forth with people who have special requests or want more pics etc.
joeldworkin307

Post by joeldworkin307 »

I prefer Bladeforums to ebay any day. 30 bucks for a gold membership is way cheaper than ebay fees after a few knives and buyers who understand knives and won't try to scam you. Also, the community is just as strong and welcoming as it is here at Spyderco. Sell your knives to collectors who will appreciate them.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Reddit has a knife swap forum that is nice (and there are no fees). I've used them in addition to eBay or Bladeforums for selling/trading knives.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:55 am
I wonder has anyone been happy doing trades? I think I have seen people doing this on knife forum. The reason I have so many knives is Sal turned me into a steel Junkie.

Now I am narrowing down the steels I love best.

I love CTS-204P better than M390 even thought they are so close in composition. Elmax is my Second Favorite in the Lionspy. Still deciding on Cruware, M4, and CTS-XHP, my new like has been H1.
Are your 204P and M390 knives the same models? H1 gets super sharp fast. Cruwear M4 and XHP are great steels, XHP gets really toothy for a stainless. There are def a lot of trades that happen on the forums and usually a great way for both parties to try out a wider selection of blades.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
timlara

Post by timlara »

Depends on how much effort you want to put in. For me, eBay is the easiest. Even though the fees are high, it's usually worth it for to me because I have to put very little time in to manage the listing and communicate with buyers. As long as I list at a fair price and put up a thorough description with good pictures, I find I don't get too many questions / hagglers and usually don't have any issues with people paying. From time to time I do get non-paying bidders, but eBay also has a way to auto-relist when that happens, so it's pretty convenient, other than the delay of waiting for another auction to run.

If you think your time is worth less than the eBay fees, then trades / forums may be the way to go, but in my case, I just don't have the time to wheel and deal on the forums these days.
Tim
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

My stance right now is to rely on eBay. I have sold there for years and have a 100% rating. Of course I sell more than knives but my Spydercos go fast and for a good price. I like eBay and PayPal protections and I don’t mind paying for a huge market and those other perks.

I will still look into Blade Forums but I need to patronize it for a while before I can get the feel of it. Seems kind of “Wild West” compared to this one.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

I only use Bladeforums. Never had an issue. Bought and sold many knives there.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

I don't see much wheeling and dealing on the bladeforum website (individual, folding knives).
Seems to be list it, PM sent, sold or no response.

Does more go on on other for sale forums?
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Bladeforums, Ebay and Reddit are all good suggestions as previously mentioned.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Bladeforums Exchange is my favorite. Costs less to sell than on Ebay by a mile (gold membership pays for itself), but knives generally sell for less too.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

BladeForums Exchange. Always had good luck and haven’t had any problems yet.
Josh
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

500Nitro wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:54 pm
I don't see much wheeling and dealing on the bladeforum website (individual, folding knives).
Seems to be list it, PM sent, sold or no response.

Does more go on on other for sale forums?
I think any deals on BF are usually done via PM, they do happen though. The rules just restrict the banter in the thread, unlike reddit.

BladeForums and Reddit's knife_swap are both good suggestions
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

I'll typically buy & sell on Blade Forums as well as some facebook Spyderco groups :spyder:

Recently bought from Arizona Cust Knives (In FL) and noticed that you can sell your knives through them as well...
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I use Bladeforums.

Ebay has crazy fees and Reddit is a bit too toxic for my tastes.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson