New Model Dropped: Calypso Jr. Super Blue sprint run (PICS)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Nice marmot

Re: New Model Dropped: Calypso Jr. Super Blue sprint run (PICS)

Post by Nice marmot »

I agree there is no issue with the grip on this knife. What I love about the design is the simplicity. Great blade, super light weight and great ergonomics. It is great in its minimalism. You want jimping, too bad. What tip up, too bad. It is what it is and nothing more. Nothing to over analyze or over think. I was lucky enough to find a second one at a local dealer and snatched it up for future use. After it sitting in a drawer for a couple of months I pulled it out swapped the clip to left hand carry and gave it to my brother. It just seemed wrong for it to sit there and not be used.
Joey

Post by Joey »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:30 pm
The design has great fluid symmetry and looks very sharp and a great all-purpose utilitarian folder. Great job Spyderco.

As EvilD and others have said, I too like the fish scale-inspired scales on the handle. I do have a question: For practical everday use, do you think that scale pattern would be superior to the Volcano Grip and the other scale textures on other models, or can they not be compared, and just consider then different? I do like these scales, though.
Volcano grip offers more grip, however this fish scale design is perfectly adequate. The problem is the volcano grip has more “pointy” or “edgy” feel to the molding.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

It's the original small leaf blade Spyderco. I'd buy this design in almost any steel.