SFO Shipping / Processing Time?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ugaarguy

SFO Shipping / Processing Time?

Post by ugaarguy »

Knifecenter and Cutlery Shoppe had sold out of the Sage 2 before I could order from them, so I ordered my Sage 2 direct from Spyderco through the Op-Focus Program. I'm in no rush to get the knife, but I'm just curious as to how long it typically takes for the SFO to process orders and ship them. Thanks.
Demon85z

Re: SFO Shipping / Processing Time?

Post by Demon85z »

It really depends on how busy they are. I've ordered probably 30 times from them. Ive had things shipped same day and received them 3 days later. I'd say no longer than a week from order to delivery. The biggest delay in the operation is ups. Where I am if it doesn't ship by Monday or Tuesday I dont get it until the folowing week. Ups doesn't do weekend delivery here. You're gonna love your sage 2! It's worth the wait, but let's face it, none of us wanna wait on a knife in the mail. We want it now!! Haha
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

What is the Op-Focus Program ?
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

The Spyderco website describes it all.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

They generally ship the same day if you order early in the AM, mountain time, or the next day if you order later in the day. They ship UPS ground, so transit time will vary depending on where you live. For me it's a week, the Forum Knife I ordered last Friday morning is scheduled to arrive today, but yours might be a bit faster since you're closer to Golden.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

I ordered late Wednesday night, after close of business, and I received my ship notification email today. Just over 24 hours isn't bad when I'm sure they're busy with the closeout list and getting ready for the big sale soon. UPS says the package should be to me Wednesday :D
500Nitro wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:57 am
What is the Op-Focus Program ?
It's a very nice discount program for active law enforcement, EMS, fire fighting, and military personnel. On the military side the program is extended to reservists, national guard, retirees, and veterans. I believe it only applies to US Military/Veterans and US based first responders. As a partially disabled veteran, I'm grateful to Sal and the rest of the folks at Spyderco for being so generous with the Op-Focus program.