Is my military legit?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cave_Hermit

Is my military legit?

Post by Cave_Hermit »

Hey guys my first ever military arrived and wow what a knife I have yet to use it but just holding it is amazing I really can’t believe I waited so long to get one. Anyway as always I have a slight paranoia about fake knives and this one was purchased from eBay for roughly the same amount it goes for at knife centre and blade hq (i avoid eBay but the mrs got it for me) I have attached pictures of it there was no paper work in the box. The liner lock does not have a shine to it I’ve read that’s a good sign?
Thanks everyone!

https://imgur.com/a/HP1FhCB
awa54

Re: Is my military legit?

Post by awa54 »

all of mine are CQI, so not an exact comparison in all details, but judging by the blade etch, serrations, choil recess and edge grind at the heel of the blade I'd go with fully legit.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
PineChaos

Post by PineChaos »

Sure is. It should have come in a plastic baggie inside the box, but no paperwork with the Military is very common.
Cave_Hermit

Post by Cave_Hermit »

PineChaos wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:49 pm
Sure is. It should have come in a plastic baggie inside the box, but no paperwork with the Military is very common.
Yeah it did come with that plastic baggie mate.
Cave_Hermit

Post by Cave_Hermit »

awa54 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:46 pm
all of mine are CQI, so not an exact comparison in all details, but judging by the blade etch, serrations, choil recess and edge grind at the heel of the blade I'd go with fully legit.
Thanks for looking at the pics mate and forgive my ignorance but what is a CQI?
Forest Elk

Post by Forest Elk »

CQI = Constant Quality Improvement
"Never leave home without a knife!" :spyder:

My Spydies: Native CPM440V, Delica4-ZDP, Delica4-ZDP, Delica4 FFG, Endura4-ZDP, Endura4, UKPK-G10, UKPK-CF, Salt1, PM 2, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly Salt, Dragonfly-ZDP, Dragonfly Nishijin, Squeak, Lil' Native CompLock, Dragonfly-G10
vivi

Post by vivi »

Cave_Hermit wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:33 pm
awa54 wrote:
Constant Quality Improvement.

Spyderco models often go through multiple revisions without changing the model name or #.

The orginal Military had one liner.

Later, they put in a second liner and changed the jimping on the spine.

A few years ago, they made the clip more rounded, gave it a new stop pin design, and a few other minor changes.

There's no draw backs to your version compared to the newest, it's a wonderful knife that should last you over a decade.
:unicorn
Cave_Hermit

Post by Cave_Hermit »

Vivi wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:31 pm
Cave_Hermit wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:33 pm
awa54 wrote:
Constant Quality Improvement.

Spyderco models often go through multiple revisions without changing the model name or #.

The orginal Military had one liner.

Later, they put in a second liner and changed the jimping on the spine.

A few years ago, they made the clip more rounded, gave it a new stop pin design, and a few other minor changes.

There's no draw backs to your version compared to the newest, it's a wonderful knife that should last you over a decade.
It’s a tank of a knife I love it already, I was actually going to get a recon 1 I’m glad i got the military instead it’s so smooth to open and close.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It's too legit to quit :p

Seems real to me anyway. I'm pretty sure I've had some that didn't come in bags either. There's always a chance it was bought and returned but if it looks new then I'd go with it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Looks real to me too. Has "GO" on the box, so produced in July 2015. Which is consistent with how your knife looks. In 2016 there were some CQI improvements.

CQI inprovements: larger torx head, larger lanyard hole, stepped stop pin (no longer w/ screws), torx on both sides of pivot (as first seen on the BBS "Smurf" sprint), updated clip (rounded tip replaces squared off tip), and two standoffs replace the solid backspacer.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C36_Military
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:40 am
It's too legit to quit :p
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Ah, hahaha! :)

Yeah, the Military’s a pretty good knife! ;)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin